Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Hey, where are the Fruit Loops!?!?

It's official....our little girl is growing up.

She started eating....wait let me rephrase that....We have attempted to feed her cereal. I have been waiting for this milestone to come, the day we start introducing something other than formula. It comes with mixed emotions. I thoroughly enjoy watching our daughter discover new things and having another "first". However, this first also reminds me that our daughter isn't going to be a baby forever. There is going to be a day when she no longer needs me to feed or nor will she want to cuddle with her mommy. Okay, I'll admit, there are some times when I think she's cuddling with me but she is in fact wiping her nose on my shirt but I do still find it so cute, it's a mom thing. Now I'm not going to lie, I do enjoy feeding her while watching TV with my feet propped up. These days will soon be coming to an end and we will be perched at the dining room table. But hey, that's part of life. We all have to grow up.

This is how it played out....I'm all excited to feed her cereal for the first time. We get to try something new and we get to use the cute little spoons I got at one of my showers. I just love new stuff! Ryan mixes the cereal and gets it all ready and the feeding begins.


Now, we all know that I'm not a rocket scientist by any means but I am pretty sure that these faces are not faces made by someone who is enjoying their meal.





So, we will keep trying. She may come around and start to like her cereal, you just never know.

Now on a side note.....I am starting to think that someone feels as if I talk to much. I'm just going out on a limb here but the picture below is a scene that you can view many times at our house. Little does she know, that I'm not offended. I just move that cute little hand out of the way and continue to spread my wisdom.

1 comment:

christy said...

good job Maddie!! If you only knew how many times Aunt Christy wanted to do that :) But you can get away with it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails