Monday, February 22, 2010

Road Trip

Maddie went on her first road trip! Her and I made a trip up to Crown Point with Nana and Lindsey for Teri's baby shower. I was very nervous prior to going on this trip. I had no idea how Maddie would do in a car for 2 1/2 hours. Riding in the car always puts her to sleep but she's never been in the car longer than 30 mins. I sat in the back with my little girl armed with my bag of goodies and ready for just about anything.



Much to my delight Maddie did great! She slept a majority of the time and when she was awake we just sang and played. She even figured out how to make the cow talk without using her hands. Who needs hands when you've got feet and cute shoes!





We enjoyed some wonderful family time.....It was just the girls!



Maddie enjoyed spending time with her cousin Lindsey. She especially enjoyed discussing the past seasons of Jersey Shore and Teen Mom in the car. Maddie loves all the great shows on MTV! Basically, I allow her to watch such filth so she will learn how not to act when she grows up. It's called good parenting.



Maddie had to take a break from all of the excitement at the shower. So, she kicked her shoes off and took a little nap. (Actually, she slept through the entire thing.)



Congratulations Teri! We can't wait to meet baby Emerson! (Look at Judy's face!)




I love my Maddie O. I am so proud of my little girl! With one road trip successfully under our belt we may attempt another here soon. We have a new friend, baby Helen, in Chicago that we are dying to meet. So who knows where the open road my take us next.

Who am I kidding... we aren't going far. I get car sick!

2 comments:

Meme and Papaw said...

Kimberly, love the picture of you & maddie. You look great!! My cute little girles. You had to know maddie would do well on the road trip, she's a chip off the old block. Hugs and kisses!!

gayla said...

The trip was great! I enjoyed spending time
with "my girls" and what an education on MTV
shows! Please don't let Maddie get Snookie hair!

Related Posts with Thumbnails