Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Water Logged

We had a scorcher of a weekend. Other than staying inside in the air conditioning, there isn't a better way to beat the heat than to play in water. So, that is exactly what we did. All weekend.

Saturday we were invited to a cookout and water slide party. I quickly accepted because who doesn't like food and water? Right?

Photobucket

Photobucket

As usual, Madison stood back to observe before warming up. When we find ourselves in new situations, Madison becomes a quiet observer. She remains on the side of the action, quietly looking. Upon taking the scene in, she gets right in the action always proceeding with a bit of caution.

Photobucket

Caution is always good because you never know when a boy might be lurking around.

Photobucket

There were about nine kiddos in attendance, Madison being the youngest. We Mamas sat in the grass and soaked up some rays while shouting out "Be nice." every now and again.

Photobucket

It was funny how the kiddos separated themselves into two groups: boys and girls. The girls played quietly with their babies. (Baby was of course in attendance as well.)

Photobucket

Photobucket

The boys on the other hand preferred a bit more action

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

It was such a fun afternoon. I love watching Madison interact with other kids but even more I love watching my friends love my daughter.

Sunday brought us another beautiful warm day so we headed over to Nana's pool but before we got there we paused for a little photo shoot.

Photobucket

A little photo shoot with a toddler is not easy. She's at the stage where everything is new to her and she must explore. She kept taking off down the sidewalk or alley therefore, I kept getting shots of the back of her head. While the back of her head is cute and all, I would really prefer to see her face. I shouted out to her "Madison sit down and say cheese." She actually did it....

Photobucket

Of course, Baby was glued to her arm. When we moved locations, I left Baby in the car, on purpose. Oh my you would have thought I left a real baby in the car because she was determined to get back to the car to retrieve Baby.

Photobucket

To get her mind off of Baby, I sang and Madison sang right along.

Photobucket

Photobucket

"No more Mommy."

Photobucket

Before my camera battery died, I did capture our little water bug playing in the sprinkler at Nana's house.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

It was such a great weekend and I know there are many more to come. Although now we must pack because we're going on a weekend trip to Wisconsin Dells. So, gotta go!

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails