Saturday, January 30, 2010

Dreams Do Come True

I have been thinking back to where we were 1 year ago. Thinking about how different things were. It was just Ryan and I with the exciting news that we were pregnant.

We weren't sure we even wanted children and it took many nights of long talks and looking at the big picture for us to finally decide that yes this is something we want. We had a dream and I couldn't wait for this dream to come true.

Knowing that we were only a few months away from having a child changed us. We were about to embark on a journey that would be much bigger than we could imagine. I remember being so happy when announcing the news to our unsuspecting parents. The excitement was felt with tears of joy. But the excitement was soon replaced with tears of sadness.

On January 30, 2009 we lost our first child.

The feelings of excitement, anticipation and wonder suddenly wiped away and replaced with emptiness. I know there wasn't anything I could have done to make the outcome different but I still felt responsible. As if I had failed.

It was only a few weeks later when we learned that we were pregnant once again. This time it was different. I was unsure and terrified. I wanted so badly for this pregnancy to end differently. And it did......






Our dream came true!

4 comments:

gayla said...

Maddie is a dream come true for so many of us!
And she is blessed with wonderful parents!

Meme and Papaw said...

Maddie has brought such joy to our family.

Thanks kimberly & Ryan!!

Meme and Papaw said...

Your first child was Madison. It was just Gods way of telling all of us Madison was still in his hands and waiting for the perfect time for us to have her. We thank him everyday for Madison and her parents without questioning his motives or timing. Honestly we can't blame him for hanging onto her a little longer, she is beautiful.

wylie said...

I love her headband! I have a surprise in the mail for you and maddie ;) Love her and love the blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails