Monday, January 25, 2010

The Daily Grind

I returned to work today. I have been dreading this day since the birth of our little peanut. It was rough on both of us. I knew I would miss spending the day with my little girl. Watching her every movement, feeding her, holding her, loving on her and even changing her diapers. It was rough on Maddie because I had to wake her up at 6:45 so she didn't get to sleep in until 8:00. Madison had no idea the pain her mommy felt this morning but somehow she knew to give me all the gummy smiles she had which confirmed that she was going to be just fine.

We needed to insure that the other kids liked Madison so we baked them cookies. She was a hit! Hey, a little bribery is okay now and then.

We have to do this all over again tomorrow. I keep telling myself that it will get easier each day. Until then, I will have to rely on my inner strength and knowing that I will be back with my little munchkin in a just few hours.




No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails