Monday, August 20, 2012

First Day of Preschool

It was a special day for Madison.

Today was her first day of preschool.

It is a day that she has been looking forward to since the last day of summer camp. Our back-to-school shopping was complete, her lunch box was packed and the gifts for her new teachers were ready. The day began like any other day, except Ryan went in late so he could join her on her first day too. I told Madison that we had to hurry up and get ready so I could take some pictures of her on her first day of school.

She replied "Mom, we already took pictures last week." (I think she got this line from her dad.)

Photobucket

It is crazy to think that she is already going to preschool and yes we realize that she is only two-and-a-half. However, she's ready, she's independent, she is anxious to learn anything and everything. Ryan and I have had several discussions on this and wondering if we are doing the right thing. Regardless of what others think, we have chosen to follow our gut. Sometimes that's just what parents have to do.

Photobucket

She was very excited about her new backpack and lunch box.

  Photobucket

Photobucket

I was mostly excited about the adorable shoes and socks.

Photobucket

I did have to bribe her with a piece of gum so we could each get a picture with her. She just wanted to get into the car and go. Nothing like a little sugar high for the first day of school.

  Photobucket

Photobucket

Madison was anxious to get inside that building.

Photobucket

Photobucket

We helped her find her cubby, gave her teachers their gifts, put her backpack and lunch box away.

  Photobucket

It was then time for us to say our goodbyes. She looked up and me with a little fear in her eyes and pleaded for me to hold her. I picked her up and we walked into where the other kids were waiting at circle time. Madison spotted Ms. Holly and her friend from summer camp. She looked up at me said "Hug. Kiss" and she was off to join the others in the circle.

Photobucket

I was stunned. She was ready to get the show on the road. When I picked her up she was filled with excitement and smiling ear to ear. When I asked her what she did today she said "I don't know." I swear the teachers teach the students to say this because all children have the same reply. That or they say "Nothing."

Photobucket

Madison is already asking to go back to school so off to bed we go so we can do it all over again tomorrow.

Love,
Kimberly

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails