Thursday, August 16, 2012

A bit of a Catch Up

Hello there!

Well, I've taken a little break from the blogging world. Mostly because we had to invest in a new laptop. Getting a new computer is so very wonderful however, getting it set up exactly like your old one is quite time consuming. Anyway, I thought I would touch on a few highlights from the past several weeks.

****************
July 4th

I'm only adding this as one of our highlights purely because I want everyone to see Madison's attire. Check out her shirt......

Photobucket

Adorable isn't it! Madison's Nana, Ryan's mom, made this cute little ruffled, red, white and blue shirt for her. My favorite part about it is that when you lift up the top ruffle there is a little patch that says "Made by Nana".

Photobucket

****************
Summer Camp

Again we find that all good things come to an end. Summer Camp has ended. I am happy to report that Madison's last day was very, very different than her first day. It was all smiles and "Bye Mom!" No, tears nor sitting in her cubby.

  Photobucket

Photobucket

Just in the six weeks that she attended summer camp she transformed. She became even more independent, she started saying yes instead of yeah, she was more well behaved and her focus on an individual task became intensified.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Oh, and I finally made her show me the chickens. For six weeks I kept hearing about these chickens and I had to see them for myself and sure enough there are two chickens in a pen in the school yard. The kids feed them and check for eggs each morning. Then they gather the eggs and make omelets for a snack.....just kidding. I have no idea what they do with those eggs.

Photobucket

Photobucket

We are anxiously awaiting Madison's first day of school on Monday. I did some back to school shopping for her last night where I found the perfect outfit for her big day. Ryan and I attended Orientation tonight where we met her teachers, Ms. Holly and Ms. Darcy. They are both so sweet and so eager to work with the little ones. Madison's class is made up of three, four, five and six year olds. There are twenty kiddos in her class. It's going to be so wonderful for her. I'll report after Monday on the first day.

****************
Atlanta

We went on a little road trip. We loaded up the car and headed south. Ryan's grandfather, Charlie, just turned 79. In celebration, Ryan's two aunts threw him a very intimate dinner party.

  Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We were so glad we were able to make it to the party to spend time with our family and enjoy each other's company.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Madison thought she was all sneaky and no one was paying attention but I busted her sneaking some of the icing from Grandpa's cake. She kept walking by and swiping her little finger in the icing. Ketchup and icing.....her first two loves.

Photobucket

Of course the party only lasted one evening so we had lots of time to explore. During my Google search of "things to do in Atlanta" I learned that there was an American Girl store 4 miles from our hotel. Score! Ryan's mom and I both looked at Ryan and asked "Can we go? Right now?" Ryan doesn't like to disappoint his girls, especially his littlest girl so off we went.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Madison was in baby doll heaven. She was so overwhelmed by the baby dolls and accessories that she didn't even know what to look at first. She moved from area to area, only giving a moment of her attention to each to insure that she didn't miss a thing. It was so cute to see.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Of course when her Uncle Brent arrived we didn't want him to miss out on seeing Madison's happiness in the baby doll store so we might have prepped her a bit to ask "Brent, you take me to the baby doll store?" And how could he say no to her little face?

Photobucket

Uncle Brent is a sucker for Madison's sweet little face, frankly we all are.  Madison is finally into naming her babies which is awesome.  Normally, I randomly throw out names and she decides on one for the baby in question.  However she named her new American Girl doll all on her own. 

Are you ready for this? 

Her name is.....

Jimmy.  Yep that's right, her name is Jimmy.  Jimmy is pictured above (she's camera shy) and Lucy is pictured below.

Photobucket

Also, during our visit, we went to Centennial Park. During our stroll we came upon a water park. We were totally unprepared but I was determined to figure out how we could allow our little girl to experience the awesomeness of the water.

Photobucket

Luckily, I dressed her in layers, I stripped her down and let her go.

Photobucket

She ran. And ran. And ran. The smile on her face warmed all of our hearts. It was true happiness. A genuine joy for life. She was living in the moment and so were we by watching her little face.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Of course, I couldn't resist getting in there myself. Don't worry though, I kept my dress on. However, my judgment on the timing of the water shoots was completely off and I ended up walking around totally soaked for a couple of hours. And you know what? It was completely worth it!

Photobucket

*********************

Okay, I think I've rambled on enough and I'm dying to get caught up on Big Brother. It's important too. So, we'll report back next week on how our little gal did on her first day of school. Goodnight!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails