Sunday, July 3, 2011

I miss her.

Our house is quiet and clean.  Well, it's not that quiet because I'm still here but there aren't Lego's spread across the living room floor, baby doll clothes dropped in the hallway nor crayons left broken in the playroom.  I've cleaned every room with an intensity like I've never cleaned before.  I'm masking my sadness by keeping busy because our little Maddie O. has gone away with her Nana to Ryan's family reunion.

Photobucket

I've dreaded and looked forward to this weekend with equal proportions.  I knew missing our Maddie Cakes was going to hurt like hell but I welcomed this time with Ryan.  Just us, no responsibility.  No one to look after, care for or tend to but myself. 

Photobucket

Before our little girl left we took baby on a walk.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I realized two things while we were on our walk: 1) Madison is easily distracted.  She had a terrible time walking down the middle of the sidewalk.  She was looking all around and while doing so the stroller veered right and into the grass.  2) I've created a neat freak.  She paused after pulling her stroller out of the grass, looked at the wheels and said "dirty".  The grass was still wet and stuck to the wheels thus she discovered that they were dirty.

Photobucket

When we got back home baby needed a snack.  So like all good Mommies Madison tended to her baby. 

Photobucket

Photobucket

I've also kept myself busy by adding a little update to Madison's wall.  I'm anxious for her to see it when she gets home.

Photobucket

Ryan and I enjoyed an evening out last night and it was good.  Filled with good food, good conversation and laughter.  I sure to miss our little gal though.  I miss her warm hugs, her wet kisses and her drawings.

Photobucket

Most of all I miss this face.

Photobucket

She'll be home Monday and Monday can't come soon enough.  Happy 4th of July!

1 comment:

Meme and Papaw said...

Awesome as always, can't wait to be there, counting days. Love forever, PAPAW and meme

Related Posts with Thumbnails