Saturday, February 6, 2010

Maddie vs. Marvin



VS.



Marvin entered our lives 6 years ago. Up until 3 months ago he was our baby. Once Madison arrived I started noticing many similarities between the two.
1. They both sleep a majority of the day.
2. I have to make sure that both of them are fed.
3. They are both loosing their hair.
4. Neither one of them can pick anything up with their hands/paws.
5. Both of them like to chew on things.
6. It's frowned upon if I leave either one of them in the car for any period of time.
7. I have to bathe them.
8. The nails on each of them grow at a surprisingly fast rate.
9. They have each gone potty in their own bed.
10. They both like squeak toys.

However, Maddie got a one up on Marvin yesterday......

She rolled over!

Now, I have been trying to get Marvin to roll over for years but it's not happening. So, I started focusing my efforts on Madison and it worked! I am now convinced that it wasn't my teaching that has prevented Marvin from rolling over. It was him.

We are so proud of our little Madison. Yes, we are still proud of our Marvin. But Maddie is just going to keep learning new tricks and I am afraid Marvin will be stuck behind. Maybe one day Madison can try to teach Marvin to do a trick. Who knows he may listen to her.

2 comments:

wylie said...

This is the best post so far! I LOVE the comparison picture, so importnat to post pics, it helps us visualize the incident/moment in question. You are hilarious! I laughed out loud! Poor marvin, Maddie needs a shirt that says, "I'm with stupid" (pointing to marvin) PERFECT.

Meme and Papaw said...

Hello kids, great pictures as always. I see poor Marvin still has to see Madison's room through the bars. Miss you all.

Related Posts with Thumbnails