Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Maternal Instincts

I've never been a baby person. They are so little, so fragile and I've always just been nervous that I could hurt them. I've always been more comfortable with kids that are above the age of two. During my pregnancy, I hoped that the maternal instincts that people talk about would kick in and I can confidently say that they infact have. It's weird how I just know what she wants and needs. (Not always but for the most part.) She is fragile but I know that there is no way I could hurt her. She needs her Mommy to be there to do things for her.

Like take naps on the couch....


To teach her the alphabet....or at least some of it...even when she's not ready yet.


To dress her up for the big game....even if it makes her look like a boy.


And to love her cute face....unconditionally. (Which is so easy to do.)

I love my Maddie O. She has made my journey of learning to be a mommy easy.


1 comment:

Meme and Papaw said...

Madison we love the Colts outfit. We see Marvin is still on the outside looking in.
Love and miss all of you. When you get older you can let Marvin in your room and Mommy and Daddy will never know. Love you cutie pie!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails