Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Swimming

Saturday brought Madison a new "first". She went swimming! Alright, it wasn't swimming really more like sitting in a raft that happens to be in a big pool of water.

It was Brooke's birthday and inplace of a party my sister rented a hotel room for Brooke and three of her friends. Have I mentioned that my sister is a brave woman? Needless to say she and all four girls survived the night.



Ryan blew up Maddie's starfish and I got our little girl in her swimsuit. The swimsuit I bought her for our Florida trip but it was too cold in Florida for her to wear it. When buying this swimsuit I thought "Hey, she's going to need a swimsuit in the summer anyway so we will get lots of use out of it." Ha! I have a lot to learn about children and their growing habbits. There is no way this adorable little suit will fit Maddie this summer. We had to pull and pull to get it to cover her top half and fasten around her neck. We'll just add this to the every growing list of New Mom Mistakes.



We finally make it to the pool. The pool that was filled with Brooke, six of her friends, two other adults, their four children and now us. It wasn't the ideal situation but I was determined to allow Maddie to "swim" for the first time. I thought she would love it because she loves her baths. Boy was I wrong. She could care less! She just floated around as I tried to steer her away from the splashes that came our way. No gummy smiles that said "Wow! Thanks Mom for bringing me swimming." No little splashes with her hands to show that she was enjoying herself. Nothing. Just a deadpan stare as if she was saying "What are you doing to me now Mom?"






Our little swimming excursion only lasted about five minutes but our little girl had a new experience and that is all that really matters.

1 comment:

christy said...

Maddie, mommy is correct, there is no way that suit will make it :) That was funny stuff. I think it took daddy longer to blow up the floatie then it did for you to swim. Non the less you were at the party tutu and all :) I am glad you were there. We will be throwing you parties in no time!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails