Friday, March 5, 2010

Oh, the questions....

One question that I am consistantly asked is...
"Do you just sit around and play dress up with Maddie all day."
The answer is no. I do have a job and she does take naps, several naps. So, it's not all day, everyday. There are however those occational days when I just have to try something cute on her and then try something else and then possibly something else. Usually by the third wardrobe change she is over me messing with her. I can't help it....I love her and I love clothes so when you put them both together it is super fun for me. And we usually get some great pictures out of it too.








Another question that I am often asked is.....

"When/Are you going to have any more kids?"

My immediate answer is never/no. One Sunday afternoon, Mamaw and Papaw Henninger stopped by to visit. We sat in the living room, held Madison and watched her play. I filled them in on the happenings of the Bethel household and Maddie's latest discoveries as they filled me in on what was going on in their lives.

Then Papaw asked "When are you going to have another one."

Mamaw immediately piped in and said "Oh, Honey! You can't ask her that. It's too soon."

Of course, I laughed and then gave them my programmed response. "Never!"

Since that day, this question, Mamaw's response and my response have been running through my mind. I again ask myself this question and I still answer the same but is it because it's too soon after having Madison? Possibly. But at this point in time I am content with our one little peanut.

Pregnancy was tough on me. Of course I loved feeling Madison's flutters in my belly, the hiccups multiple times a day and the fact that she was much more portable while in the womb. But I was terrified the entire time of the "what ifs" and the things that could go wrong. I just don't know if I could go through it all over again. Life always takes us in new directions and everything could change years or months down the road but for now, I am sticking with my programmed response because it's what is working for us now.

Besides, I don't know if our little diva could handle the competion.



2 comments:

gayla said...

Yes it's too soon; however, this nana's
programmed response is "sure, you want
another one!" Think how much fun to dress
up two would be!

christy said...

I agree Gayla! Give it some time and enjoy Maddie's first! My answer after Brooke was no as well then four years later.......Logan! I wouldn't change it for the world :) We are for sure not programed to carry the babies but we sure can make them cute :) My answer as and aunt is YES, please have more I love it!! My answer as a mom after the birth of Brooke was the same as yours..NO WAY!! You are right, life takes us in many directions. Whether you guys choose to have another down the road should not be the focus, enjoy the one that you have and count your blessings everyday. If the day comes and you come over and anounce a new pregnancy I have to say, I will cry the happy tears again!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails