Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Shots, Sleepovers and Sports




















Last week Maddie made a visit to see her Pap and Nana. This time it was strictly business....it was time for her 4 month check up and unfortunately a second round of shots. Maddie weighed in at 15 lbs. and 9 ozs. and she is now 26 inches tall. All was fine at the doctor's office...she got weighed in, Nana showed her off to everyone, we sang "The Wheels on the Bus". Then, in came Nana and Stephanie with the shots. As expected, once stuck with the needles, our little girl cried out. I comforted our little sugar booger and all was forgotten by the time we left the room.















Oh Marvin.....

Prior to Madison finding her voice and squealing, Marvin barely noticed her. We have gated our living room to make a place for Maddie to be lick free. One evening Ryan, Maddie and I were lying on the floor in the living room. We hadn't noticed that the gate was open until Marvin slowly crept in and lied on the rug. He sat for a moment and then army crawled his way right under Ryan's arm all the while thinking that he'd gone unnoticed. We enjoyed a little family bonding time until Marvin decided he wanted to give Maddie a spit bath by licking her entire face. You give them an inch and they take a mile. Thus, the moment was ruined and Marvin back on the other side of the gates.
















Madison had her first sleep over on Thursday. That's right....she was away from us for 33 hours! (Not that I was counting.)

I won tickets to the Men's Big 10 Tournament in Indianapolis. Ryan's all time favorite college basketball team, the Indiana Hoosiers, were playing. It made the most sense for Maddie to spend the night at her Nana's house.

Dropping her off that Thursday morning was like dropping her off on my first day of work all over again. I was devastated. It was going to be awhile before I saw her again and I was going to miss her. Seeing her empty room that evening broke my heart. That clock on Friday at work could not have ticked any slower but once it finally hit 4:45 I ran out of that place like it was on fire. I couldn't wait to get to my baby girl to hold her and take in her new baby smell. I don't know if I'm ready for a sleep over anytime again soon.


































People are constantly trying to figure out who Madison resembles more, Ryan or I. We've compared baby pictures of the three of us only to find the resemblance in us both. However, this weekend I was able to capture a picture where she favored Ryan more than I. (Minus the glasses and goatee.)




















For the record: They were watching golf.

I don't mind if our little girl wants to play golf as long as she remains girly and her bag is blinged out and features ribbons, bows and glitter. Daddy can teach her how to play and I can bedazzle her bag. There, it's all planned out and we are all happy.

3 comments:

wylie said...

you have to do the look-a-like meter! That will decide it. I love her. She has the most pinchable cheeks ever! Give em a pinch for me ;)

Heidi said...

omgoodness...she is beautiful! so beautiful. my heart hurt when i read how much much you missed your little one. how old is she?

i LOVE this blog...so pretty. for the record, i think she looks like both of you, but i only know what hubby looks like from the pic here.

how i would love to take her picture. for sure when you are here next!

ps...my girl LOVES golf. if jeff had it his way, both of our kids would play professionally.

pss. i haven't ordered your necklace yet. i am so sorry. i will do it tomorrow first thing. you only wanted one egg and in sliver, right?

xoxoxoxo you look great as always!

Unknown said...

Hi Kim! I loved reading your blog and all about Maddie and your happy family. Maddie is absolutely beautiful!! How wonderful that she lights up your world!!! We're going to have the take the husbands and the kids to the golf course together next summer! ; )

Related Posts with Thumbnails