Thursday, March 17, 2011

Running in to Motherhood

About 5 months ago I signed up for the Indianapolis Mini Marathon, "the mini" as it's been so nicked named in these parts.  Apparently, my mind was a bit clouded as I completed the entry form and submitted funds for this event five months ago.  I'm not quite sure what I was thinking.

The mini is thirteen point one miles of running and/or walking through the streets of Indianapolis.  I actually participated, and completed, all thirteen point one miles about six years ago.  So, as I was agreeing to do this again I thought "Hey, I've done this before I can certainly do it again."  Well, I seemed to have forgotten the fact that I am now six years older, haven't worked out in over two years and I've given birth, which wreaks havoc on your body.  But hey, I've signed up, I've paid my seventy-five bucks, I got new running shoes for Christmas and I am committed. 

I guess my mind got clouded again tonight, this seems to keep happening, because I decided I was going to go on a run.  About twenty minutes and a mile and a half later, I return home convinced that I was having a heart attack.  As I coughed trying to catch my breath Madison kept saying "Bless you."  Yes, bless me, my child, for I need some sort of blessing to get through the mini.  I've got about a month and a half left to train and after the performance I put on tonight, I've got a lot of work to do.

Now, on to something that I am good at.....motherhood.

We had such a nice and relaxing day yesterday.  Just Madison and I.  Playing, reading, loving and doing what we do best.....just being together. One of her favorite seats is my lap, or any lap for that matter, especially when we're reading a book. She stands in front of me, backs her little hiney up and plops down. I love it!

Photobucket

She has recently discovered some blocks that I've had since my nephew was little.  She dumps them out and builds until her little heart is content.

Photobucket

Photobucket

She does pretty well on her own while linking them together only asking us for help every now and again.

Photobucket

Photobucket

She was completely focused on Handy Manny and couldn't peel her eyes away.

Photobucket

Eventually I turned off the T.V. and introduced her to a new activity.....coloring.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I'm pretty sure we have a budding artist on our hands.  She can scribble with the best of them and really seemed to enjoy it.

Photobucket

However, coloring is hard work and all good artists have to take a break every now and again.

Photobucket

So, we have this cat that has been roaming our neighborhood for a while. I'm assuming that someone is feeding it and that is why it is sticking around. Well, Madison has recently discovered this cat. She is frequently goes to the window and knocks while shouting "Cat!"

Photobucket

When she doesn't see the cat she asks "Go?"
Photobucket

When she sees the cat she says "Meow." For the record, the cat has never come to the window nor acknowledged Madison's knocking. Therefore, I'm not quite sure why she decided to knock or how she determined that knocking might get the cat to come out from hiding.


Tonight I'll leave you with some cute tootsies.  Why? (This is the question I can hear my dad asking.)  Because they are freaking cute and they aren't going to be little and cute forever so enjoy!

Photobucket

Love,
-K

2 comments:

Meme and Papaw said...

So cute! I think these little tooties look like Mommy's tooties. Hugs & Kisses

gayla said...

Adorable!

Related Posts with Thumbnails