Friday, March 25, 2011

Love........

1 Corinthians 13: 4-8

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.

Photobucket

It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

Photobucket

Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.

Photobucket

It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Photobucket

Love never fails.

Photobucket

These beautiful words were spoken on our wedding day, March 25, 2006. This year Ryan and I are celebrating our 5th year wedding anniversary. As I reflect back to that monumental day, a smile spreads across my face, warmth floods my body and tears of happiness fill my eyes. You know when you have that feeling that something is just right?  You become perfectly content, relaxed and eager for what else lies ahead.

Photobucket

That is exactly how I felt on this day five years ago.

Photobucket

I knew Ryan was the man for me. We had met in middle school, became acquaintances in high school and fell in love in college. Only by this time I had moved to Florida while he remained in Indiana. The long distance was tough but we made it through and after graduation I came back home.

I knew that this is where I needed to be. I had to be close to the one person that got me, understood my wild thoughts, laughed at my child-like behavior, cheered me up when I was down, advised me when I needed direction, listened, provided balance and the one who I loved.

Photobucket

The word love is often thrown around so loosely. We scribbled it on notebooks as we were "so in love" with our boyfriends growing up and I pretty much love everything in Sephora. We love the change of seasons and love having dessert after a delicious meal but when it comes to Ryan and I this isn't a word we just throw around. When the word love is shared between us I know there is true meaning and feeling behind it.

Photobucket

I remember the first time Ryan said he loved me. We had been dating for well over a year and he had come to visit me in Florida. On a whim, we hopped into my Dodge Shadow and drove down to Key West. That night he finally spoke the three words I had been dying to hear. Of course, I felt the love for him long ago but I didn't want to be the one who said it first. I wanted to hear it from him. I'm glad I waited because it made that moment so much more special.

Still to this day, when he speaks these words, I fall back to that night that we shared in the Florida Keys. What we have is special, strong and built on the love and respect we have for one another.

Photobucket

And just when I thought my heart was full, we brought the most beautiful girl in the world into our lives. She has brought us together as parents while completing our family.

Photobucket

I've learned that my heart can never be full.  It just gets bigger.
Photobucket

And now a note to my husband.....

Ryan,

You have been the husband that I always dreamed about, always wished for and hoped I would find. We've shared a lot of memories, laughs, tears and words over the past eleven years during our courtship and marriage. You are my partner. I enjoy being with you and I miss you when we are apart. We've learned how to be parents together and this might be the biggest, most important journey we ever embark on and I couldn't imagine having anyone other than you by my side. You are a kind, gentle, patient husband and father. I hope Madison learns from you what to expect in a husband by observing how you care for me because you set the bar baby. And you've set that bar high. Although I might not always show it, I appreciate you for all you do and all you say. You are and will always be the man of my dreams. Happy Anniversary!

I love you!
Kimberly

Photobucket

1 comment:

Meme and Papaw said...

Thinking of you on your special day. Happy Anniversary to a perfect couple. We Love You both very much.

Related Posts with Thumbnails