Saturday, July 24, 2010

Portrait Session

We had our second go around at the portrait studio last weekend. If you didn't hear the story of our first attempt it goes a little something like this...

Our Saturday morning was spent primping and prepping. Our shirts were ironed, Maddie was fed and we were ready to go. We arrived at the studio at 11:00 for our scheduled appointment. We opened the doors and Ryan and I both say "Oh shit." The place was packed. We were greeted and told that there were two families ahead of us but it would only be 10 mins.

Well, 45 mins later we are called back for our turn. With our luck of the draw we won the most socially awkward photographer ever. I'm already perturbed that we had to wait and now this. Ryan, always being the voice of reason, said "She could take the best picture ever though." And my reply "Yeah, or this could be her first day and we are getting shitty pictures." I was very perturbed.

So, there is Maddie our little trooper. Miss Awkward asks us what we want to do. I inform her that we want to take pictures. Duh. She puts us in poses and makes no attempt to get Madison's attention. Right away I know that this isn't good. Then she asks Ryan to lay on his tummy. What! I mean yes how funny would that have been with Ryan on his tummy, legs crossed a the ankles, fisted hands under his chin and Maddie and I surrounding him like confetti. Sounds funny now and looking back I wish we would have done it but at the time I was appalled that she would have a grown man lay on his tummy.

Our portrait session continued with expressionless faces from Maddie and finally I said that's it, we are done. Oh and to top it off, Miss Awkward had a two inch tear in the seam of her pants on her thigh. Eeew.

After reviewing the 112 portraits that were taken, we only liked about 8. I was polite and let them know that I was very disappointed. Our whole morning was wrapped up by preparing for this photo shoot to insure that Maddie would be happy and ready, we had to wait and then we got the worst photographer ever. I received a call from the manager later that day. She wanted to apologize and wanted us to come back in for a retake. I thought that was a nice gesture so back we went. Ryan was totally thrilled.

Our next session was everything I had hoped. We got a fantastic photographer who captured the many faces of Maddie O.

Here they are, the pictures from our recent portrait session.............

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And Maddie says "Tada! That's all for now."

Photobucket

1 comment:

Meme and Papaw said...

What great pictures guys. We can't believe how big sugar bear has gotten. Guess all the hassle was worth it.
Hugs & Kisses
Meme & Papaw

Related Posts with Thumbnails