Saturday, July 3, 2010

A Perfect Evening

Last night was an evening that was beautiful and picture perfect. It was just the three of us. The Bethel Family. The weather was warm but not hot and the humidity had broke. Just having the day of the week Friday is cause enough to relax and enjoy the evening. I still feel that our evenings through the week are rushed and monotinous so when we get a break from the monotony it seems special to me.

I've been on a new recipe kick and with these new recipes comes a grilling kick too. I love grilling and I especially love grilling in the summer. It's just one of those things that comes with the season, like raking leaves in the fall and building a snowman in the winter. I also love grilling for two other reasons, the food tastes so yummy and Ryan does the grilling which is less work for me.

Last night the new recipe we tried was Grilled Shrimp Po Boy Sandwiches. I'm not quite sure what a "Po Boy" is but his sandwhiches are delicious. Our sandwhiches were accompanied by a Zucchini Couscous Salad, which was made with fresh zucchini from one of my girl friend's garden.

Photobucket

While Ryan and I cooked, Madison played in her wagon. I'm not sure if I've mentioned it before but the wagon is one of the best purchases we have made for Maddie. She will sit in that thing and play, eat and sleep. Although she probably loves it even more when we are actually pulling her around.

Photobucket

She also had a big night of blowing rasberries. She hasn't done it much in the recent weeks. I'm not sure if she forgot that she new how or if she only does it when she is extremely content and happy. I was so content and happy last night that I wanted to blow rasberries too.

Photobucket

While we ate our dinner, Madde enjoyed her snacks in the wagon. Please know that I don't always feed our child out of a bucket. It just happens that she has a bucket in the wagon and it's handy for holding a few snacks. Besides her snacks don't stay in there long, she always dumps them out and eats them from wherever she can find them. We're still working on the feeding yourself thing.

Photobucket

Ryan and I love holding our Maddie O. It often comes down to a small argument as to who gets her. I usually win.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I have a friend that has been so wonderful to us in letting us borrow her son's old toys. She plans on getting rid of them but before she does she let's us use them until Maddie is done. I'm talking a swing, bouncy seats, activity mats, a bumbo, a walker, cars to ride on, walk behind toys, blow up swimming pool, play table, the list goes on. We have been so blessed and greatful for our Ingrid.

Maddie got a new delivery of toys this week. One item included a little car that she can ride on or push and walk behind. She is still a little unbalanced when she sits on her own but does pretty well for the most part. She was able to sit on the seat and she even pushed herself a little bit, backwards.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Moments after this picture was taken, Maddie fell over. With my quick motherly reflexes I was able to slide my hand under her head before she cracked it on the concrete. Whoops! We're still working on riding the car too.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails