Monday, July 19, 2010

Growing up!

She is growing up right before our very eyes. It makes me equally excited and sad. She's not my little baby with the froggy legs suspended in the air anymore. She no longer curls up in the nook of my arm and falls asleep in the comfort and warmth. Nope, this little girl is freakin' everywhere and it has all happened in a week.

Photobucket

Our baby is attempting to crawl. She begins on her bottom when we sit her on the floor. She slowly leans forward on her hands and gets her legs out from under her and onto her knees. There is then a brief pause. It is as if you can see her mind working, thinking of her two choices. She can either move her legs and crawl on her knees or she can drop to her belly. Unfortunately our little gal is taking the easy road right now and she drops to her belly like a pig in a mud puddle. She gets her left arm bent and tucked under then she uses her right hand and her left elbow to army crawl her little body around the room. She looks like an injured soldier crawling off of the battle field.

Photobucket



When Ryan or I pick up Madison from Katie's house after work we are normally greeted with a huge grin from Maddie. We can literally see the excitement coming from her as she sees her Mommy or her Daddy. Last Tuesday, I picked up Madison from Katie's. She and Emma were on the patio each in a car of their own. Emma peddling with her feet around and around. Maddie doing the same only going backwards. I picked up my little sugar bear, I longed for her after a long day of missing her at work. Only my little sugar bear wiggled and turned wanting me to put her back down and back in the car. What! My little baby didn't want her Mama! We cannot have that so, I did what any mom would do. I bought her a car for our house. This way it won't be new, cool and exciting because she already has one at home. There problem solved.

Photobucket

Photobucket

And to show her that I am a super cool and creative mom I took a little paint....

Photobucket

and made her a house out of the box the car came in.

Photobucket

Photobucket

To top off this whole week of growing up....Maddie gets a tooth! I'd show it to you but getting a picture of this tooth has been quite a challenge.

Instead of a picture of the tooth how about some cute ones of Maddie looking in the mirror?

Photobucket

Photobucket

We had our pictures taken yesterday, professionally, not by my amateur self. I'll share those here soon.

Lots of love....

1 comment:

gayla said...

Kimberly, what a lucky little girl Maddie is to have a mommy like you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails