Saturday, January 1, 2011

Ringing In the New Year

Happy New Year!

Photobucket

2010 has been a great year for us and we only expect 2011 to give us the same and possibly better. Although I don't know how it could get any better than watching my two favorite people having a tea party.

Photobucket

Photobucket

But it does....today we spent the afternoon with two of my best friends and their little ones.

Photobucket

Photobucket

We spent the afternoon catching up, trading mom stories and just being us. About 18 years ago I sat in that same living room, with those same girls, with my big glasses, lack of self esteem and innocence. At that age, I never would have thought I would be right back in that place all grown up with my daughter. I love how things in my life have turned out and I love that I can share in motherhood with my girlfriends.

Photobucket

Photobucket

The kids played, not so much with each other, more so by themselves but keeping a watchful eye on the others.

Photobucket

This is the closest they got and it appeared that they weren't too thrilled about it but us mamas were cracking up as they poked at one another. I especially loved how Charlie massaged Maddie's one shoeless, sock less foot.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This is how I wanted to bring in 2011. Surrounded by the people I love, my friends and my family. It's funny how several years ago I yearned to be in a bar all up in the scene, breaking it down on the dance floor. This year I yearned to be with my family. We stayed in and I actually enjoyed January 1st because I wasn't nursing myself back from the night before. See I am becoming a grown up.

Madison has been cooking away for us.

Photobucket

Alright, not for us so much, more for herself.

Photobucket

Thank you 2010 for being so great to us!

2011 bring it, 'cause we're ready!

Photobucket

1 comment:

gayla said...

I'm so glad you were able to get together with your friends! It is amazing where life leads you, and to reconnect with friends! Love the pics!

Related Posts with Thumbnails