Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Just another day....

It's January now, the holidays are over and winter has come. This is the time where I should be inspired to clean out our closets, cabinets and drawers. To purge our home of the things we accumulated in 2010. To clean our palate so we can start 2011 off right

But I'm not.

I'm inspired to play with my Maddie Cakes.

Photobucket

How could you not want to play with this cute face? Today we played in her kitchen. I think she is picking up some tips by watching her mama cook dinner. All good cooks taste their broth.

Photobucket

Alright, I've never really made broth. Why would I when it comes conveniently packed in a can.

Photobucket

Yes, that is a giant piece of corn on the cob she is munching on. But there is more than corn in Indiana. We've got cupcakes too!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Madison is becoming such a good little mommy to her babies. Today she fed them cupcakes. Maybe she's actually sending me some hints like "Hey Lady, why don't you give me some cupcakes, some real ones that I can actually eat, not these fake plastic ones."

Photobucket

Photobucket

So, this post is totally about nothing but we did actually do more than play in Maddie's kitchen today. Today we went shopping. Our little trip out didn't last long because Maddie O. was a wee bit cranky. But the trip was much needed.

Pictured here is Maddie's shoe.

Photobucket

Let me know if you've seen the other one because we've only got one.  Somehow, somewhere we have lost it's match. I am completely heartbroken. Not only because they were great shoes and Maddie did so well while walking in them but because they are her first pair of walking shoes. I planned on saving them for her so one day when she was all grown up I could pull them out of their box, yes I saved the box, and show her her first pair of Stride Rite walking shoes. They would be all scuffed up and worn with the laces slightly dirty and Maddie would be delighted to see her first pair of "real" shoes.

I really could cry right now but I'm not I've got to put myself in check and realize that it is just a shoe that we've lost and not her arm or something.

I have my suspicion as to what happened to our match. I've caught Maddie O. putting things in the garbage can in the kitchen several times and I've retrieved many little people, juice cups and spoons from the trash. I'm afraid that I missed her tossing in her shoe and out with the trash it went. I really hope that I'm wrong and we find it buried under a pile of toys in the near future.

So this is what prompted our little shopping trip. Our baby girl needed a new pair of shoes. A new pair of shoes that she could walk in because our baby girl is a walkin'! And we found some....

Photobucket

How cute are they?

Photobucket

I even shot a little video of the shoes in action. Check it...



Yes, they squeak. Madison was putting on a little show in the store showing the ladies her little trot while squeaking away. She toddled all around the shoe section blabbering away and made it a point to stop at each mirror to check herself out. How could I not buy them after that? I did learn that they squeaker could be removed if we do become slightly annoyed with each step. Ryan was happy to learn this news. Right now we are loving our new little squeaker while keeping an eye out for our lost sneaker.

Bye for now!

2 comments:

Meme and Papaw said...

Love the new shoes. We can't believe how well Maddie is walking. The blog is the highlight of our week. Thanks Kimberly & Maddie!

gayla said...

The shoes are cute as can be! Hopefully the other shoe will show up....maybe in Uncle Brents
suitcase???

Related Posts with Thumbnails