Saturday, January 22, 2011

Happy Birthday!

On this day, exactly one year ago, I began this blog. Madison was about two and a half months old. The decision was made to create this blog after I realized that on a daily basis I was emailing pictures of our new bundle of joy to various family members and friends. It became tedious and I had to find something to make sharing much easier.

So today we celebrate. We celebrate the birthday of our blog.

Photobucket

When I began this blog my intentions were to share the happenings of Madison. I wanted to relay the "tricks" she learned, cute things she did and how fast she was, and is, growing right before us. However, it quickly turned into the happenings of our life, from my perspective. Sure, I share stories of Madison because that is our life. She has and always will be my focus of this blog but I tend to go off on my ramblings as well. And I think that's okay because hey it's my blog.

Photobucket

My hope is that one day Madison will sit down in front of her own computer and read every word I have typed. I want her to know the stories that happen in our every day life. There is more here than I could ever write in a baby book. This is real and sometimes it's raw. It's not just the dates and times of when she did something for the first time. This blog allows me to share so much more and I am truly grateful for the technology we have.

Photobucket

I know people are reading this because I hear about how much they enjoy following us when I see them in person and I get text messages and emails when I fail to post an update after several days. I am thankful people, like you, take the time to read about us. I enjoy sharing stories and pictures about out life.

Photobucket

I will continue my blogging because I truly enjoy every minute I pour over this computer. I enjoy sitting in our bed with our laptop clicking through the pictures I want to share and typing away. Sometimes I am cracking up as I type and sometimes I am crying. I've got real emotion poured into each post.

Again, thank you for reading and following. I hope you will continue with us.

**Side Note: Do you like my new do? I got bangs! I was inspired by one of my girlfriends from high school and I'm loving my new do.

1 comment:

Meme and Papaw said...

Oh Kimberly, I don't know how you do it but you think of everything. Some day Madison will look back on all that you have done and will be so happy and very proud to have a mother like you. Now keep in mind this may take a few years. I could not agree with you more on the emotion part. Most of the time I am crying because I see everything that I have missed out on and will never get back. I only wish I could have done for you what you have done for Maddie, your good and I love & miss you. Oh! I love your new do!!! Mom

Related Posts with Thumbnails