Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Big Girl, Big Projects

Well, hello there.

Photobucket

Maddie and I made a trip to Target a few weeks ago. Yeah, no surprise there. Of course we went to the toy area because we must check out the latest and greatest. I am always hoping for a sale because if it's on sale then it's a good deal and therefore I must buy. That's how I justify it to myself and Ryan when I come home with something else that we don't need.

So, there we are in the toy section and what is featured on the end cap...baby dolls and they are on sale! Yes, this is my lucky day. We have three options:

Baby #1: Makes baby sounds and has a bottle and pacifier

Baby #2: Sits and plays peek-a-boo with her blanket

Baby #3: Says Mama, babbles and crawls.

I show each one to Madison, individually so not to overstimulate her and so she can view each one in all it's glory, while tightly tied into a box. She loved them all and after about 15 minutes of teasing Maddie I couldn't decide which one to buy. I couldn't make up my mind as to which on I thought she would love more. So, we left with no baby.  How stupid and what a waste of time but that's how I roll sometimes.

As usual, it's days later and I couldn't stop thinking about these sweet sale babies and how much I really think Maddie would like one. So, I went back and purchased baby #3, a little crawler.

Photobucket

I ripped that baby out of the box like a kid on Christmas morning.

Photobucket

Unfortunately, I'm not sure Maddie loves her as much as I thought she would.

Photobucket

Mostly I think she wants it to get away from her and to stop crawling up her leg. She just needs to warm up to her, right?

Photobucket

Our big girl is turning one if 5 weeks. Holy Moly! Five weeks! You can bet your bottom dollar that the party planning is well underway.

Photobucket

Turning one brings a lot of changes for Maddie O. She will be switching to whole milk, we're going to lose the bottle and give up her pacifier. Gasp. I know! Her pacifier! We are attempting to rid her of the pacifier slowly. So, today I begin...pacifier only at nap time and bed time. So far so good. Yeah, it's only 9:18 am and she is down for her nap with a pacifier. So, so far so good.

This morning I gave her a pancake with a tiny bit of syrup and I put her formula in a cup.

Photobucket

I don't foresee the bottle being an issue because she sucked that formula down. Although, kids will be kids and she could throw me a curve ball in a couple of weeks.

Oh, Halloween is coming up too. Here is her costume so far...

Photobucket

Hey cut me some slack...I've got time still.

Lastly, here I am trying to take a picture of sweet little Maddie Cakes with her sweet bunny.

Photobucket

Awe, that's cute right. Then the next picture turns out like this.

Photobucket

Ha! How annoyed does she look? All I have to say is this kid better get used to my camera being in her face because it's not going anywhere.

Oh, and yes the count down has begun...Only 18 days until I hit the big 3-0!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails