Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Coughs and Crafts

Our Maddie Cakes is sick. Poor little girl has a runny nose and obviously doesn't feel well. As a mama, I wish I could take the sickness away from her and give it to myself. Hearing her sniffling, coughing, sneezing and breathing through her mouth because her nose is stopped up pains me. Madison is quite a trooper though, still manages to get a little play time in.

Photobucket

Only she plays while laying down when she's sick. On the plus side, she wants lots of cuddles from her Mama. I am happy to fulfill this need.

I've been home with her the past two days. I'm covered in her bodily fluids and I am loving every moment of it. Ryan did ask me if I've take a shower the last couple of days.  For the record, I have but maybe it's time to change my shirt again.  Today she is showing signs that she is coming back around. So, i thought we would do a little art activity.

Photobucket

She wasn't quite sure how to use these markers. I thought it would be better to get the markers instead of the crayons because I thought she would just chew on the crayons but now she is just getting marker all over her hands.

Photobucket

So, what is the next progression in the sequence of art activities...finger painting, duh.

Photobucket

Maddie is looking at me like "Are you sure I'm supposed to be doing this, Mom?" I don't really know what I was thinking when I walked into the playroom, opened up the closet, removed the finger paints, closed the closet door and walked back into the living room. There was plenty of time for the thought of "This isn't a good idea, Kimberly" to enter my head but it's my head so nope that thought never came through.

Photobucket

The whole finger painting activity lasted about a minute and a half.

Photobucket

She started crawling off the paper so to the tub we went.

*************************

This past Saturday was the annual "Craft Day" with Ryan's family. All of the girls get together for food, music, drinks, fun, crafts and no boys. This year we had two new gals join us...Maddie and Emerson.

Photobucket

Gotta admit though that they kept many of the women preoccupied and not many crafts were completed.

Emerson is a huge fan of her ExerSaucer.

Photobucket

When Emerson hopped out for a moment, Maddie hopped in.

Photobucket

Think she might be a wee bit tall for this one?

Photobucket

The girls enjoyed playing with each other. They shared a doctor's kit. Well, Maddie let Emi play with what she didn't want at the time. Maddie is kind of a bully and just takes what she wants. We are going to have to work on the fundamentals of sharing.

Photobucket

Prior to our big evening we got to have a photo shoot. Ryan's cousin Traci got a new camera, a big girl camera, and is taking some photography classes. Yeah hoo for us. We'll be her subjects anytime!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Yeah Traci you are doing a great job....keep going!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

All diva's have a little melt down now and again....

Photobucket

But she recovered quickly...and we're good to go.

Photobucket

Photobucket

We wanted to get some pictures of Maddie and Emi together. I stopped and looked at us. It's quite a production to get a picture of two tiny gals and it just made me laugh.

Photobucket

Poor Emi just didn't want to take any pictures. So, Maddie tried tickling her to get her to smile.

Photobucket

***********************

Ryan and I went to the Colt's game on Sunday.

Photobucket

He hates it when I try to take a picture in a crowd of people.

Photobucket

Maybe next time I'll try tickling him.

Bye for now!

1 comment:

gayla said...

Great pictures! Trac...any weekend you want to come over, our door is open! And now we have proof positive that Maddie comes by her solemn look from her daddy for sure!! And her smile and creativity from her momma!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails