Monday, October 18, 2010

Surprise!

As a child, your friends are your world. You live for them, you want to be surrounded by them at all times, you will do anything to be like them and you fight with your parents when they won't let you be with them. Family takes the backseat when it comes to your social life. Having dinner with your family sounds like torture when compared to grabbing a pizza with your friends.

As you enter adulthood, this changes. After high school, you lose touch with many friends while gaining new ones in college. After college, you lose touch while starting a family. You begin to appreciate the people that are around you which is your family. The ones that have always been there and the ones that will always been there.

I am fortunate that I have the best of both worlds. My family is right by my side and so are my friends. Technically, I have entered adulthood, I know it's hard to believe. Since I've had Madison, I have come to appreciate my family more than ever. I've been blessed with the family I've been given and the friends I've chosen. The friends I have now are my family. I am grateful for the support, laughter, love and comfort that I receive from all of them.

Saturday night my friends and family showed me just how much I mean to them. They threw me a surprise 30th birthday party. I am still overwhelmed by the shock that they pulled something of this magnitude off all the while a little unnerved that they all are great liars.

We had planned a "Girls Night Out" on Saturday night. The girls and I were going to meet for dinner and drinks then maybe go for a little dancing. I arrived at the restaurant all ready for some girl talk, met a girlfriend outside so we walked in together. (I later find out this was staged.) She's gabbing while stating that she knows where the other girls are seated and I follow. That's when it happened, I walk into a room filled with my friends and family as they screamed "Surprise!" Tears came flooding in, I was overwhelmed by the warmth and the love that filled the room.

I had been proclaiming that I wanted a surprise party for months. I invited everyone I knew and when they asked when it was all I could say is "I don't know....it's a surprise." I never in a million years thought Ryan would actually plan a party for me. Let alone an actual surprise party. Yes, I feel like a complete ass now by not having the faith in my husband.

After composing myself from the shock of the surprise, I begin making my rounds to give out hugs and thanks to my guests. I see Ryan's mom and my sister, awe cute they are here. Wait! They are the only two people that we have let keep Maddie so I shout "Who has Maddie?" I begin to tense up wondering where on earth my daughter is. Then, the sea of friends part and up through the middle comes Maddie in my mother's arms while being followed by my dad. Holy shit! My parents are here, from Florida. Again the tears flowed. That right there would have been enough. I didn't need anything more but heck the party sure was awesome.

I am floored that Ryan, my friends and my family would go to this great length to do something so special for me. I appreciate each and every one of them for their time, efforts and love that they put into this party. My 30th birthday party will be one that I will never forget. Thank you to everyone that was there and to those that couldn't be there you missed one hell of a time.

Photobucket

Obviously, I was busy at my party I only took two pictures. So, if any party goers with cameras could email me some pictures, I would greatly appreciate it.

My actual birthday is October 24th. I keep stating that once I hit 30 it's time to grow up. I still have 6 days. So, we'll see.

So....Meme and Papaw are here! We've just been chillin'.

Photobucket

Papaw caught a cricket for Maddie.

Photobucket

She tried and tried to catch him but he was too quick. Please note: no crickets were harmed while taking these photos.

Photobucket

In other news....our book arrived today! I got the idea from a friend of a friend to make a "year book" for Madison. I am going to create one each year and have it completed by her birthday. I've been working on this book for about 6 months and I have enjoyed every minute of it. I can't wait for everyone to see it!

Photobucket

Lots of love!
-K

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails