Saturday, August 7, 2010

Meme and Papaw are here!

My parents arrived on Tuesday. I have been looking forward to this visit for months. We had our sign made....

Photobucket

Photobucket

....and were were ready to greet our Meme and Papaw.

Photobucket

By the time our Meme and Papaw got off the plane out little Maddie O. was over the sign and was throwing it on the floor. But they got the idea and were delighted to see their granddaughter.

Photobucket

My mom feared that Madison was going to forget her and that she would cry when mom tried to hold her. I'm not going to lie, that fear was in my mind as well. If Maddie had a concept of money I would have paid her not to cry when mom went to hold her. I mean how much of a blow would that be, you go to hold your granddaughter and she cries. Ugh, heart crushing. Our Maddie though, she didn't forget. She went right to her Meme and started playing with her earrings. I love this little girl.

I also love having my mom and dad around especially now that I have a daughter of my own. Watching my parents with my daughter is so special. It just makes me realize that now our family is complete and filled with joy and happiness. Of course my niece and nephew have been spending the days with their Meme and Papaw too. Maddie has gained four new playmates and she is loving it.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We walked to the park the other night. It has been so hot and humid here lately. After much complaining from my niece and nephew during the walk..."when are we going to get there?" "it's hot!" "why didn't we drive?" "is there water at the park?"....we finally made it and they had a great time. Maddie and Meme played on the swings.

Photobucket

Photobucket

So did Logan and I...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then we just hung out for awhile.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Luckily the park did have water and it was very refreshing for this hot and sweaty group.

Photobucket

Photobucket

We are so glad our Meme is here and our Papaw too of course.

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

wylie said...

cute post Kimbers! That Maddie-O is adorable! I love her red cheeks at the park, she played hard. Like mommy.

Related Posts with Thumbnails