Sunday, August 15, 2010

The Middle

Like all good things....

Photobucket

....they come to an end.

Photobucket

Meme and Papaw are gone. They returned to Naples last night. It's always hard seeing them go. But, to that beginning and end, there is always a middle. During their stay we took a trip to the Indianapolis Children's Museum. We have one of the best children's museums right here in Indy. It contains four floors of exhibits that are consistently changing. Each trip is then different from the last. The museum is very hands on and is fun for kids of all ages, even adults. Man, these people should call me for a commercial.

The main reason I wanted to go was so Maddie could have another new experience. Ha! Just kidding that's sort of a lie. I wanted to go because I heard they had a Barbie exhibit! Boy did they ever, it was awesome!

Photobucket

There is so much going on in this picture that it just makes me laugh.

Photobucket

I'm so thankful that I have Madison because I would have looked silly going down the Barbie runway by myself.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

After we got our pink on, we moved over to something a little more prehistoric. I told Maddie she came from an egg just like these. I don't think she bought it.

Photobucket

There is aways time to stop for a little art.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Check it...yeah, that's my dragon.

Photobucket

I had to kick a few kids off of this croc so I could get my picture taken. Totally worth it don't you think?

Photobucket

The children's museum has a totally fun area for infants up to age 5. There is so much for them to do. We started with the water table.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

After our little Maddie O. was wet and wrinkled, we moved on to the padded area. She was able to look at her favorite person, herself.

Photobucket

And play a little "Patty Cake".

Photobucket

There was so much that this little area offered. I think she played with everything and anyone that would come near her.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We found a maze full of mirrors. It was awesome and we were able to capture a group shot.

Photobucket

Photobucket

To cap off our discovery trail at the museum we took a spin on the carousel. Madison has never ridden anything so I wasn't sure how she would do. The little cutie pie showed her frustration, by screaming, when I placed her on the horse. I totally get it. If someone placed me on a giant plastic horse and I didn't know what was about to happen I might scream too. The little girl quickly changed her tune though once that music started and began going round and round. The music was loud, the wind was blowing through her hairs and our little gal loved it. She loved it so much she waved as we went by the people. Our little future Miss America.

Photobucket

By the end of the day, after five fun filled hours, our little Maddie O. was tuckered out.

Photobucket



As always, we are going to miss our Meme and Papaw but we sure did have fun while they were here.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails