Monday, June 13, 2011

Summer Nights and Days

My fun tank was filled to the brim this weekend. I enjoyed a nice balance of doing and relaxing. Which is always the key to a perfect weekend. I felt like we accomplished something because we didn't lay around like sloths for the entire weekend yet I'm not wore out because we ran around all weekend.

Saturday Ryan, Madison and I walked...Ryan and I walked, Madison rode in her stroller...over to the festival at the local Catholic church. We joined my sister, bother-in-law, niece, nephew and their friends. My nephew was celebrating the big 1-0. Happy birthday Buddy! A celebration can't get any better then some wind rushing across your face, a tickle in your tummy and some strawberry lemonade to wash down the fun.

Photobucket

Photobucket

We played games and the kids won prizes. Also known as junk that will be thrown away in couple of days, after they have forgotten all about it. But that is part of the fun, right?

Photobucket

They even had some games for the wee ones. Madison made her daddy proud because the first game she picked was......the golfing game.

Photobucket

After a couple of games Madison caught on to the gig. No matter if you win or lose you get a prize so Madison gave them her ticket and went right for the prize basket. I guess she thought there wasn't a need to waste everyone's time on the silly game. Let's just cut to the chase right?

Photobucket

My sister determined that it was her personal mission to win Maddie O. some fish. Two dollars later, mission complete.

Photobucket

She won three. Way to go Christy!  Two of the three are still kicking, one of them didn't make it through the night.  Not bad odds if you ask me.

Photobucket

******************

Someone got a backpack and it is super cute. Wouldn't you agree?

Photobucket

******************

Sunday was spent at my mother-in-law's house basking in the rays and enjoying the perfect weather next to the pool. Madison was playing and drinking her tea around the sides of the pool. When I asked her if she wanted to get in the water she simply replied No.

Photobucket

Finally I decided that I was just going to take her in with me. So, I scooped her and baby up and in we went. After a few minutes she was in love, blowing bubbles, kicking her feet, splashing her mommy and no fear whatsoever.

Photobucket

She would throw baby in the pool then her and I would go get baby. Once we retrieved her, we'd go back to the steps and and repeat. Baby sure does take a beating, she's still drying out this evening. Luckily we have a backup.

I've been trying to work on counting with Madison. She can count to two but I have to say one. Hey, I said we are working on it. So, anyway, we would count to three and then I would throw her up in the air. She would laugh and immediately say more.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

While her and I were swimming I looked at her and I said "Madison, you are Mommy's little fishy."

She replied "Bishy. Die."

So, she had some fish in her tank die and I told that they died. Now every time I say fishy she says die. Whoops! Maybe it was a little too early to bring up death. Rookie mom mistake....add it to the list.

'Night.

1 comment:

tinsley1001 said...

Cracking me up! Keep writing - I love reading it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails