Wednesday, June 1, 2011

We start and end the same.

Our days typically begin in the same way each and every morning. Around 6:00 am Maddie O. awakes and begins shouting "Mama" along with other baby babbles. Some mornings I'm struggling to get my feet firmly planted on the floor and others I hop right up and rush into her room but always after a quick diaper change and a trip to the kitchen for a cup of milk I, with Maddie O., climb right back into our bed. Here is where we wake up, share cuddles, watch cartoons and get right for the day that lies ahead.

We're never alone in our bed either Maddie always has baby in tow, along with blocks, books and any other small trinket or toy she picked up on her way into our room. I have however banned food and coloring from our bed. I don't care to sleep with crumbs and I like our duvet cover as is, with no crayon markings.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Today was one of those perfect days. A mother and a daughter just enjoying each other's company. I love these days when I have her all to myself. When each hug she gives is given to me and me alone. And especially now that she follows each hug with a kiss.

Given that it has been so hot here the past several days I decided to take Madison to her favorite place ever....outside. So, to the backyard we went.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I got our sprinkler out for the first time ever. Basically I watered the grass for about twenty minutes because she wanted nothing to do with it until I ran through the spray of water to show her how it was done.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We have ourselves an outside gal. She has always loved being outdoors no matter what the weather may be. Thus, I am blessed with many silly faces because she is on an ultimate happy high.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We did eventually go in for some lunch and a nap. When things cooled down we headed back outside where she had her first push-up.

Photobucket

It only took a moment to figure out how it worked.

Photobucket

We live fairly close to a small airport therefore we have planes flying over our house on a pretty consistent basis. No matter if we are inside or outside if Madison hears a plane she stops and yells "pane". Today, on this beautiful, clear day we saw many "panes".

Photobucket

Photobucket

Prior to going back inside for the evening, Madison climbed up in her chair, turned around, looked at me and said "cheese". Oh my how I love her.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Much like the beginning, we end our days the same. We climb into our bed, share cuddles, Madison drinks her milk and we watch cartoons.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Before putting Madison to bed I thank her for being a good girl today. She replies with "nice". Yes, today our girl was good and she was nice.

Photobucket

And because being a wife and mama, working a full time job, maintaining a clean house, cooking dinner, grocery shopping, going to dinner with friends, playing with Madison, taking pictures, doing laundry, updating this here blog, stalking people on Facebook, watching the "must see" shows that I've recorded on DVR and everything else I do on a daily basis...I've gotten out my Christmas present from my sister.

Photobucket

Tada! I'm whipping me up some headbands. Check it out!

Photobucket

'Night.

1 comment:

Meme and Papaw said...

We see sunshine here everyday. If it rains the sun shines before or after the shower but not even the Florida sun is brighter then the smile on our faces when we notice the next blog update has been posted. We dive into it acting like little children on Christmas morning. We do understand your days and weeks are busy but this priority is our life's highlight(no pressure). If your work load or pressure becomes to much...please keep the fantastic blog updates coming and we will work on getting Meme to pay for you a housekeeper. Better yet Meme will come and clean. Papaw can do the work here. I will have to show him how to create checks so mine will keep coming. Love you all!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails