Sunday, April 3, 2011

Pacifier Update

Friday night was the night....we pulled the plug, we took away Madison's pacifier. We actually did it and we have stuck to it. When I got home from work on Friday I scoured the house to find every pacifier I could and quickly hid them.  The jar now sits on the shelf....empty.

Photobucket

Madison went to bed and asked for her "paci". I simply told her they were gone. She replied with an "Oh". Several tears later she fell asleep. It was then at around two o'clock in the morning she awoke yelling "Mama. Mama. Mommy. Mama" I tiptoed into her room to see what she needed all the while knowing exactly what she wanted. I tried to just lay her back down and tuck her in but then again the tears started.

I did what any mother would do, I picked her up and rocked her. There we sat, cuddled together, moving back and forth just as we did months before. Only now her head resting on my shoulder, arms tucked tightly under her chest, resting on mine. Our torsos touching, her legs stretching down and the tips of her toes rested on my knees. My baby has gotten bigger but she is still my baby and she will always need her Mama.

Photobucket

It was a long night. We were awake for a couple of hours trying different methods to soothe and comfort her without giving in to the exact thing we know would work. Eventually we placed Madison back in her bed, us in ours and we listened to her wail. She cried out to us as I cried softly to myself. Time passed and we all fell back into a deep sleep.

Since that first night it has gotten much better. Nap time has really been a breeze, with her only crying for a few moments then off to a deep sleep. I'm hoping that she continues to get better and eventually forgets all about her "paci".

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

******************

Today we were blessed with some gorgeous weather which enabled us to play outside for a little bit.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Bubbles and chalk always perk us up. Well, until someone decides to eat them and then we have to put them both away. But until then...super fun!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

********************

In other super fun news....Madison has joined a baby tumbling class at the local parks and recreation center. We have only met once because of a break in the class due to spring break. We start back up again on Saturday. This little pause in the schedule allowed me to get Madison the proper baby tumbling attire. We tried on her new digs today....

Photobucket

It has become apparent that our little tumbling tot watches her Mommy more than we think.

Photobucket

All in all it's been a great weekend. The whole pacifier thing has gone way better than I expected. We've had a great relaxing weekend.

Photobucket

Photobucket

By the way, we would love to hear from you. Please feel free to leave a comment on our blog here. I would love to know that people are actually reading about us and checking up on us.

Have a great week!

5 comments:

Meme and Papaw said...

EVERYDAY we check to see if there is an update on Madison’s Blog. If there is no update we whimper and go back looking at previous postings. We find it impossible to start any day without the Maddie Smiles. After looking at Madison’s outdoor photos we think she may have dipped a little heavy into mommy’s rouge. Keep up the great job and remember we are anxiously waiting the next post, EVERYDAY. Love you guys PAPAW and meme.

Unknown said...

Kimberly, YEA!! I figured out how to post! One question: Ryan's first bubble wand is red and his second bubble wand is blue, who had more fun playing with the bubbles?

Unknown said...

I love the tumbling attire!!!! Maddie sports it well :). Xoxo!!

Anonymous said...

Love the little ponytails and tumbling attire.

gayla said...

oops that was from me...i was trying to post under nena and somehow clicked the wrong thing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails