Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thankful

Happy Thanksgiving! Yeah, yeah it's a little late or perhaps a little early for next year, you pick.

This Thanksgiving was very different than the last. Last year Maddie was only a couple of weeks old. It was her first holiday and we were eager to show her off. Everything was still so new to us and we were still learning. Madison slept a lot of the day and was passed around throughout Ryan's family as everyone was eager to hold our brand new baby.

This year, Madison is talking, mostly baby babble. She's crawling and attempting to walk. She's eating table food, not just formula and we've got ourselves a budding toddler here, not a newborn.

As I watched Madison throughout the day, exploring her surroundings and interacting with family, I found many things I am thankful for.

I am thankful, Ryan's family makes "real" mashed potatoes. And the story goes...My sister asked me if I've given Maddie mashed potatoes. I told her yes but she doesn't like them. She was shocked and asked what kind I gave her. I told her I wasn't sure, some sort of instant kind. She was appalled and let me know that was why Maddie didn't like them, It's because they were instant and not homemade. So, I am thankful that Maddie got to try real mashed potatoes. For the record, Christy was correct, Maddie loved the mashed potatoes.

Photobucket

I'm thankful we don't have stairs.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Lastly, I am thankful I have a lap for my laptop and don't have to put it on the floor and bend over like Maddie. Poor girl. Give it a few years sister and you'll have a lap too.

Photobucket

After our delicious meal, it was time to rest. We had our little sleeping bbeauty.

Photobucket

And our other beauty that just wanted to pretend she was sleeping.

Photobucket

Photobucket

That night, my sister, my niece and I headed out for a little black friday action.

Photobucket

Maddie just pretended she was shopping. It's safer that way. No crazy ladies cutting you off to get the last emerald green sweater in a size medium or whatever your fancy may be.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Thanksgiving was great we spent the day with our family and relaxed, ate, talked, played games and laughed.

We also discovered that our little sugar booger is getting some new teeth. She's getting some big ones now so she's chewing on everything again.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Lots of love!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my blog

Meme and Papaw said...

Great as always, we look forward to each update. Love you all. meme and PAPAW.

gayla said...

I am so thankful I got to share the holiday with
everyone! Little Maddie is growing so fast and I love every minute I get to spend with her!
How adorable the picture is of her holding her
purse!

Related Posts with Thumbnails