Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Glub, Glub

And the question lingers.....

"What happened to the fish?"

I shared about our new friends, the fish, which were ultimately the centerpieces for Madison's birthday. Unfortunately, only two of the three made it to Maddie's party. Of course, we had to replace him because we had three tables and now only two fish. Ryan ran out to the pet store prior to the start of Maddie's party and got us the replacement.

I tried and tried to use the fish as "prizes" during the party. However, it seems that we don't have many fish lovers among our friends and family. So, once again I'm stuck in a situation because I didn't think things all the way through. We've got three fish in three candle vases, nobody wants them and they can't live there forever. Now what....

I bought an aquarium.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Cool huh? I've placed it in Maddie's room. Initially, it was right next to her bed but during her first nap she had the top off of the tank and I knew that sooner or later she would have other things swimming in that tank. So, I moved it over a couple of feet away from her little hands. You'll notice here the replacement daddy picked up for us. Yes, he appears bigger not only because he is closer but he his bigger. Much bigger, like three times the size of the fish I bought. Hey, when daddy goes to buy fish he goes big. Way to go Ryan!

Photobucket

I enjoy watching the fish and I really thought Maddie would too. And she does but not as much she would much rather play with her baby.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Playing with her baby has been her new favorite activity. She feeds her and loves playing with the baby accessories.

Photobucket

She is obsessed with this little plastic jar. It came with her baby kit and I'm not even sure what it's pretending to be. Maybe to hold lotion or something. However, she brings it to us and says "Uhh!" that means take the lid off. So, we do. She can get the lid screwed back on and will work at it until the task is complete. Her face is intense and she is determined.

Photobucket

Once she gets that lid back on it's usually on to something else.

Due to my crazy organizational skills, I have all of her baby supplies stored in a bin in her room. I brought everything into the living room for us to play while Ryan watched the football game. Apparently, Maddie felt something else belonged in this bin.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

She is such a character.

I have no idea where this child has learned to sit in a chair. To me she doesn't look comfortable in either position.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Now, her milk is gone and she felt like her cup belonged on top of the lamp.

Photobucket

Of course, one slight movement and off it went.

Photobucket

So, back on top of the lamp it went.

Photobucket

This cycle repeated and repeated. Mommy got bored and moved on to a bath that is. Please disregard the crap all over her face and shirt in the above pictures. Baby girl had a runny nose all weekend and of course, just ate. I don't normally allow our child to be so messy or at least I don't normally photograph her while she's this messy. She wasn't just being too cute and couldn't resist the pictures.

I have come to love this age. I love her curiosity and her independence. She's coming to a point where she can tell us what she wants. For example, when she is hungry or thirsty, which is most of the time, she crawls into the kitchen. I can now ask her where her baby is and she will crawl back to her room and get it. It amazes me on the things she has learned already. Ryan and I are having a ball with her right now. Our evenings are spent sprawled out on the living room floor watching our baby girl. Pure bliss.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails