Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Splash, Vroom, Wheee!

I love the change of the seasons, by the end of one season I am ready for the next. It wasn't too long ago that I was writing about my excitement for the arrival of Spring. Now, here we are.....summer is here! We experienced a typical summer weekend filled with swimming, sunburns and swinging.

We began the weekend on Saturday morning when Daddy headed off to play golf and Maddie and I headed to Nana's pool. I have to mention that Ryan shot a 69. Way to go Daddy! I have been so anxious to take Maddie swimming again after our last failed attempt. This time things went much better. She loves her baths so much that I really felt that she would love swimming just as much. And what do you know I was right.

Photobucket

She's a natural. She was kicking her little feet and moving us all around the pool. I took her out of her floating starfish and she put her cute little face in the water as if trying to take a drink. So, I thought it might be a good idea to put her under. Not a good idea, she didn't like it so much but she recovered quickly.

It was a very hot day and the sun was very intense. I attached the sunshade to her floating starfish only to discover that it is useless.

Photobucket

Photobucket

So, Maddie kept cool by sucking on some ice.

Photobucket

Sunday was a day for Ryan and I. We needed this so badly, just the two of us, like old times. I have felt so distant from Ryan with being caught up in monotony of our daily routine that I greatly needed this "date" with my husband. So, after dropping our little peanut at her Aunt Christy and Uncle Brian's house off to the Indianapolis 500 we went. Ryan and I were in our parking spot by 9:00 am where we began applying the sunblock and making the cooler lighter.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Now, let's be honest here, I really do not care so much about the race, The Greatest Spectacle in Racing. I am going to watch the people because this is The Greatest Spectacle in People Watching. I mean wow! I don't know what it is about the Indy 500 that makes people leave their morals at home and head to the track with a cooler full of beer and fried chicken.

Photobucket

I am still trying to figure out why some men feel that it is okay to remove their shirts while packed into bleachers with 350,000 people when it's 96 degrees outside. Frankly, it's disgusting. I realize it is hot but have a little respect and maybe we could find another day for you to work on your tan.

Photobucket

Overall, we had a fantastic time. Ryan got to see a great race, I got some quality people watching and mostly we got to spend a whole day together just him and I. Oh and I got to see Kim and Courtney Kardashian. Yeah! Of course, we missed our Maddie O. After a quick shower from a long, hot day we hustled over to pick her up.

On Monday, I decided that I needed to get back to work on Maddie's playroom. Here we have this playroom and hardly any toys. So, off to Toys 'R Us we went and it completely wore Maddie O. out. Here is Maddie when we pulled into our garage.

Photobucket

Fortunately, we were able to get a few things to add to the shelf of toys in our new playroom.

Photobucket

Maddie enjoys playing in her playroom.

Photobucket

Photobucket

While taking a spin in her car, Maddie received a phone call. Now, I've spoken with her about the dangers of talking on the phone while driving but like most children she didn't listen and proceeded to take the call anyway.

Photobucket

And by looking at this face, it can only be one person...."Hi Papaw."

Photobucket

Ryan finally had the opportunity to hang Maddie's swing. The swing combines two of her favorites...the outdoors and constant movement.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I think she's in love.

Photobucket

Until next time....

Photobucket

2 comments:

Meme and Papaw said...

These pictures are great. I can't wait to push Maddie in the swing, she looks like she loves it. We can see she also loves swimming. Meme and Papaw also have a pool and can't wait to see Maddie in it, hopefully soon. It's great to see that Maddie is still in awe of Papaw's voice and knowledge (says Papaw). Thank's for the update. Love you!!!

gayla said...

Agree awesome pics! I can't pick a favorite from the beginning of the "swinging" pics! Love them all...and am glad you enjoyed your day together. Courtney who...did you see Ashley Judd?

Related Posts with Thumbnails