Wednesday, June 9, 2010

It's Vacation Time!

We're going on vacation!

I love vacation, I mean who doesn't! My mother-in-law has been yearning for a family vacation to Gulf Shores, Alabama. She has been talking about going there as a family for two years. After our last family vacation to Myrtle Beach five years ago she's been anxious to do it again. Several months ago I said "Gayla, let's do it! Let's plan this vacation to Gulf Shores and whoever can join shall join us." And that's what she did. The dates were set, the evite was sent to all, the condo was booked, the travel arrangements were made and the anticipation was building.

Then.....the oil began to leak, and leak, and leak, and leak.

With fear that the oil would ruin our time at the beach our vacation location was moved. To where? Myrtle Beach, of course! We had such a great time the last time so let's do it again. The anticipation continued to build and the excitement of knowing that in a few short weeks I would be relaxing on the beach with my baby girl. And now we pack....

Photobucket

Photobucket

Five years ago when I packed for this vacation I was packing tube tops and skirts, Cute wedge heels to match new summer dresses, the perfect accessories to match each outfit, several bikinis so I didn't look the same everyday along with cover ups to match each. This time the packing is much much different. I mean way different and it's because I am a different person than I was five years ago. I'm a mom now! Don't get me wrong I'm still packing cute new summer dresses along with the perfect accessories but now I'm wearing flats. I've learned that heels are very dangerous when schlepping around a baby. I've put the bikini's away...for now, and I have one fabulous tankini along with a cover up that doesn't really match but it will work. My priorities have changed and I'm totally cool with that. I like who I've become, no strike that...I LOVE who I have become.

Photobucket

This packing has been going on for about a week. I've made my piles around the house of things that we must take. I've kept up on the laundry to insure that the things we want to take are clean and ready.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Madison has been helping me pack. Okay not really. I sat her on our bed so I could get my clothes packed and I turned on the T.V. Look at her. I think someone is addicted, just like her Daddy.

Photobucket

We leave Friday evening after Ryan and I get home from work. I can't wait until we back the car out of the driveway. Our vacation will then have begun and I can begin to relax. I'm anxious to see these little tootsies covered with sand.

Photobucket

**************************

My sister has been on a mad hunt for a nightgown for Madison. Why? Because they are freakin' cute. She's discovered that it's not an easy task. Nightgowns for babies are readily available in sizes Newborn-3 Months and 2T and up but not so much for a 6 month old. She's looked everywhere and finally, success! Ta-Da!

Photobucket

Photobucket

See, I told you it's freakin' cute!

Speaking of cute....here's Maddie in one of the onesies my dear friends made for her.

Photobucket

Aren't my friends sweet?

On the not so cute side....Maddie was enjoying some delicious yogurt for dinner the other night. Then a sneeze crept up on her.

Photobucket

Bye for now!

1 comment:

Meme and Papaw said...

The nightgown is freakin cute, so is the little sweetie wearing it. Kimberly, you are freakin cute in your flats. Who cares about heels and cute summer dresses, look what you have instead. Parenthood really becomes you and Ryan. We think Maddie likes this packing stuff. She's right in the middle of everything and loving it. Have a great vacation!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails