Thursday, May 27, 2010

Uncle!

Have you ever played that game where someone torments you by pinning you against the floor or bending your thumb backwards until you scream "Uncle!"? It's the stupidest game but the person being tormented always tries to hold out until they cannot stand the pain any longer and the word "Uncle!" cannot get out of their mouth fast enough.

Well, we play this at work. To clarify, we certainly are not pinning each other to the floor although that would be quite a scene. When we get so overwhelmed we shout out "Uncle!" It makes us laugh more than anything and helps us continue one with the day. The last few weeks we have been shouting Uncle, Aunt, Cousin, Brother, Sister, Anyone! Only now we are serious, we are not laughing nor are our tormentors letting up.

I don't know if you heard....but there was a little tax credit given to 1st time home buyers. These buyer's had to have a signed purchase agreement by April 30th, they then have 60 days to close on the purchase of their new home. I work at a title company thus, we conduct these closings. I had no idea their were so many 1st time home buyers in the Indianapolis area. We are putting in 12 hour days and it still isn't enough. But really who cares about my job let me get to my point.....working all of these hours is taking me away from my family. I miss my husband and my little girl.

I feel like I have been in such a funk, in a place where I don't want to be, in a rut. Ryan and I only see each other in passing. We say good morning as he is off to go into work early because he is just as busy as I am at work and we say good night as we both fall into the bed after a long exhausting day.

We've been looking forward to this weekend all week. Three whole days with each other and our little Maddie O. Ryan and I are going to the Indianapolis 500 on Sunday....I'll let you know how it goes.

I've been so busy that I haven't been able to share another of Maddie's "firsts". I painted her toes! Her daddy didn't want me to but daddy went golfing and wasn't here to stop me.

Here she is picking out her color. "Pink Freeze" was the winner.

Photobucket

I blew on her toes to help them dry and she cracked this little grin behind her bottle.

Photobucket

And the results........

Photobucket

Daddy did admit that her little piggies where pretty cute and I would have to agree.

2 comments:

Meme and Papaw said...

Love it, love it, love it!!! Kimberly it looks like Maddie O has mommy toes:)

gayla said...

Poor Ryan...the lone guy with 2 fashionistas/divas!

Related Posts with Thumbnails