Wednesday, May 19, 2010

We've got room to play!

I can officially say I have a little bit of O.C.D. We joke at work that we all have a little bit of O.C.D. but really it's not a joke, it's true. I like things neat and tidy and everything has a place. I mean everything and if it doesn't have a place I will make sure I find one. I like things organized and if it's not I totally obsess about it until it is. I admit this may be strange to some but it's the truth. I haven't really thought of this as being a problem until I had Madison. I've started asking myself is it more important that all of the dishes are in the dishwasher right now or is it more important to be with my daughter at this moment? Of course the answer is easy but sometimes those dishes or laundry or dust or whatever just gnaws at me until the task is complete.

I am sure that I'm not the first mother that has felt this way. We want to do it all and we want everything to be perfect for our family. So, I'm working on letting some things go and realizing it can be done later. Really, I am. It's not easy and I have those moments where I can't take it anymore and I totally flip out and clean like a mad woman. But then it's over and peace is restored and I'm back to spending time with my cute little girl. I have to admit too that Ryan is awesome when it comes to helping out around the house. I am so lucky that I have a husband that will jump in whenever I need a hand. We are a pretty good team.

Since our house guests have departed, I've gotten back to work on turning our craft/Marvin's room into a playroom. Poor Marvin is being shut out of another room. The house as he once knew it is shrinking. He's gone from 3 different beds spread around the house and his own room to one bed and sharing a room with us. Poor little guy but really the kid has got to come first. So, the playroom is finally getting there and I'm almost done. I know it will morph and change over time but right now I'm pretty happy with the result. We've already spent several hours just laying on the floor with Madison as she rolls around and plays. I love having this room because we can leave all the toys, blankets and pillows all over the floor and it doesn't bother me one bit. It's a playroom, it's suppossed to be a mess.

Photobucket

And this little gal loves to play and make a mess. She's almost mastered sitting up by herself. She is so busy with everything around her that no matter what I do or say or what noise I make she just doesn't have the time to look at me when I am trying to take her picture.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Finally, she looked up as if to say "What do you want from me Lady? Can't you see I'm busy?" I want a smile Maddie but if this is all you've got right now I will take it because it's still freaking cute!

Photobucket

Since, she has been doing pretty well at sitting up I decided it was time to try sitting her up in the seat in her wagon. And what do you know...she likes it! So, this Momma grabbed a cold one and we went on a little walk down the street and waved at Daddy while he mowed the yard.

Photobucket

And since she did pretty well at sitting up in the wagon, why not try it at Target too.

Photobucket

It cracks me up seeing her sitting up in a shopping cart. I can't believe she is big enough to be sitting up in a shopping cart! She absolutely loves it and like all kids she grabs for everything. I hand her toys and things to play with while we shop and Ryan asks "Are we getting that?" Silly Daddy..Nope we are just borrowing it while we are in the store. Frankly, she could care less about the toy or stuffed animal or doll whatever it is I hand her, she just wants the tag that is attached to the item.

------------------

We had our 6 month visit with Dr. Pap today. Maddie weighed in at a solid 19 lbs. and 2 ounces and she is 27 inches tall. She had to get two shots. Poor Nana...she stated that this will probably be the last time she will be able to give her a shot and I think she is right. I think it hurt Nana more than it hurt Maddie. To everyone's surprise Maddie only cried for a few seconds and she was good to go again. We've got a tough little gal.

Photobucket

-------------------

Now, I'm telling you this little gal is busy these days. With sitting up and playing she wears herself out.

Let me set the scene....Maddie typically falls asleep around 7:00 pm. Her bed time is 8:00 pm so, we usually wake her around 7:40 pm so she can eat and go to bed at 8:00 pm. I'm telling you this kid likes to sleep. Just to confirm, she will sleep through the night until I wake her in the morning around 7:00 am. Anyway, I wake her around 7:40 pm and she just cannot wake up. She sits up for a moment and then totally falls over to the side and is back out. Now this is tired if I've ever seen it!

Photobucket

1 comment:

gayla said...

How do you decide what pics to put on....all are so cute!! The room looks cute as can be!

Related Posts with Thumbnails