Saturday, April 17, 2010

Is it a groove or a rut?

Maddie's Uncle Brent sent a text to Ryan a couple of nights ago and it said "Why hasn't Kim updated the blog this week? I look forward to it every week." Good question Uncle Brent. I look forward to updating the blog to share our recent happenings and new discoveries our daughter has made. I enjoy reading the comments we receive and hearing how much people enjoy reading about Maddie O. and seeing her pictures. Most of all I love knowing that there are people out there that care so much to take time to check in on our little girl.

But this week I have noticed that we have fallen into a rut or is it that we have found our groove and we are just livin' our life? I feel like we have the same routine every day that carries us through every week, that there isn't anything earth shaking that has happened. On one hand this leaves me feeling as if we've already fallen into the rut of the same thing over and over, day after day. On the other hand I feel as if we've finally hit our groove and learned how to function as a family. However, I like to keep things positive whenever possible so I am officially declaring that we've hit our groove.

So, here's what we've been up to this week. Maddie and I decided to update the blog.

Photobucket

We then took a little break to enjoy the sunshine and fresh air.

Photobucket

Madison needed some playtime so she decided to bounce for awhile.

Photobucket

We caught up on some reading.

Photobucket

Then we made a few phone calls to our friends and family. (She is using the speaker phone function here. Here little hands get tired after so many hours of holding the receiver.)

Photobucket

I'm pretty sure she was talking to her Papaw here because that is the same face I make when I talk to him.

Photobucket

Our little girl is loving her fruits and vegetables. She sure has come a long way since the first feeding.

Photobucket

After such a busy week our little girl is exhausted.

Photobucket

We're going to get geared up for another week now. It's going to be very similar to this week but that's alright with us because we are groovin' baby.

6 comments:

wylie said...

i love her little features, she is so sweet! I actually was going to write you to remind you that you had a blog. just sayin.

Meme and Papaw said...

Way to go Uncle Brent. We were also wondering where last weeks blog was. I know everyone gets busy. The pictures are sooooo cute. Papaw was getting mad at Meme because I just kept laughing about the picture with the phone. That's great. Kimberly you do a wonderful job. We Love and Miss all of you. Thanks for keeping us in touch.

Monica said...

The phone photo was priceless. Gary and I are still laughing. Note to Brent: good job.

christy said...

way to go BRENT!!!! you came through! I was also wondering the same thing :) I know we are all busy....trust me (wait till number two comes, Just saying :)) However, the pictures of Maddie bring joy to all of us on a weekly basis. Some days when I need a good smile or a "feel good" moment I log into moments with Maddie O and all is well again!!! I am so happy to know you guys are in a family Grove!! Oh what a feeling! Kimberly, you do a fabulous job with this Blog, you are great! Keep up the good work, I love you all! Maddie, I look forward to your phone call :) You best have a big smile when talking to Aunt Christy! It ok to look like that when talking to Papaw, we all do! LOL!!

christy said...

frommm brookee :

maddie yu are soo stinkin cutee. & i miss all of yu like crazzy. i wanna come by & see yu sometime but were always soo busyy. it's horriblee. me & mom need to baby sit maddie again VERY soon. caussee i havent seen herr in overr twoo weeeksss. ! it's crazzy i knoww. :) lol. well i love yu guyss, stay well.
lovee brookee <3

gayla said...

I am also happy that Brent decided to say something...even tho I get to see Maddie I look
forward to the new pics and hearing about what is going on. These pictures are the best, her folded hands on the phone, assisting with the blog! She is totally adorable! And NOW Brent and Ryan can understand why I was always getting my camera...and will continur too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails