Monday, April 5, 2010

An EGGcellent Easter Weekend

Every Monday I go to work and it's inevitable that someone will ask "How was your weekend?" Usually, I say it was great. Didn't really do much but enjoyed the time off. Today, of all Mondays, not one single person asked "How was your weekend?" The one Monday that I had so much to say, so many things to share but not a single person asked the all important question. Lucky for me though, I have a blog to share whatever, whenever.

We had one of the best weekends ever! Ryan and I both had Good Friday off and it turned out to be a great Friday. The weather was beautiful and we took full advantage of the warm, fresh air.

While growing up I vividly recall our wagon. It was a red, metal Radio Flyer. I filled that wagon with my most important possessions...cabbage patch kids, barbies, barbie clothes, rocks that I found, you know the necessities. I would even use a jump rope and tie the wagon on to my bike to haul my stuff around the yard. Please note: Our yard was only about an acre. The whole wagon tied to the bike was not necessary but was oh so fun. There were also many times that I learned that leaving a metal wagon outside, in the rain and filled with my loot was not a good idea. Rust ruins. And what did I get when I ran crying to mom and dad? "I told you to put the wagon in the shed." No sympathy but I learned my lesson which is what parents are supposed to do...teach. After many hours of research on the Internet and scouring stores, I finally found Madison the perfect wagon. A red, Radio Flyer....plastic, not that rust prone metal. Yeah, I'm still a little bitter about the rust stains on my stuff.

And she loves it!

Photobucket

So does Marvin because he can get right in her face.

Photobucket

A few months ago I excitedly reported that Maddie rolled over. She rolled over from her tummy to her back. She has only done it twice even after all of the demonstrations I've shown her and constantly putting her on her tummy she just doesn't want to do it anymore. However, this weekend she learned that she can roll over from her back to her tummy. Changing her diaper has become quite a challenge. She rolls over with ease but once she gets on her tummy she is stuck and she is not a happy camper. So, we just flip her back over like a piece of bacon. What? She's covered in grease, the two are very similar.

Photobucket

Moving on....Ryan and I colored Easter eggs. I asked Ryan if he would color eggs with me and he said yes. Ryan dyed one egg. On a positive note, that left 11 for me to color!

Photobucket

Easter Sunday was a gorgeous day here in Indiana. A great day for church, egg hunts and golf. Madison awoke to an Easter basket filled with goodies. (Confession: I put stuff that I needed to buy for her anyway in a basket with some tulle and eggs and that was her basket. You may call it cheap....I call it resourceful.)

Photobucket

And actually, she was more concerned with what Marvin was doing and really didn't notice her basket anyway.

Photobucket

The best part of the weekend was dressing our little grease monkey in her Sunday best. She was decked out head to toe and greatly resembled a cupcake. I think she knew that she needed to act like a lady and be on her best behavior because she was a perfect angel during the church service. She even practiced her new found talent of blowing raspberries during the sermon.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Blowing raspberries....she is still perfecting the art and it is hilarious.

Photobucket

Now Ryan might say, you can't have a perfect weekend without a little (or a lot of) golf. Joined by Nana and Pap we headed to the course for a few holes. Madison was strapped on and loved the wind blowing in her face. Our little girl is loving the outdoors and it couldn't make me happier.

Photobucket

I just know we are going to have many more spectacular weekends and I can't wait.

2 comments:

gayla said...

Thanks for sharing the weekend with us...it was a perfect day and she was an angel in church! And Ryan was
pretty good too except for the raspberries he blew in church!

christy said...

from brookee (:

i love the picture with maddie reaching over at her feet. it's priceless. it's my favoritee :)
i love yu guyss.
& miss yuu. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails