Saturday, April 24, 2010

Wednesdays

Alright, alright. Everyone is so proud of Uncle Brent for speaking up and asking where the blog update was, yeah, yeah. Way to go Brent! At least I know that people are reading this thing. So, I've got to give the people what they want right? Actually, I've come to realize that everyday isn't going to be eventful and ultra exciting but that is real life. I can't wait for something magical to happen before I share. I've got to share about the little things that happen too.

Wednesday has become my favorite day of the week, next to Friday of course. I get giddy around 3:00 on Friday's knowing that in a couple of hours I'm going to be back with my two loves and we are going to have the evening and two whole days all to ourselves. Friday's are notoriously awesome, everyone knows that. Heck, Friday even has a restaurant (T.G.I.F.). But back to Wednesdays....I love this day because I am off. It's a whole day with my little girl, just Maddie and her Mommy. There's no sharing with Daddy, I get her all to myself.

Some days we are busy shopping, running errands, shopping, going on walks, visiting friends and family, and sometimes we even go shopping. This Wednesday I decided that we are going to stay home, do nothing in particular and just relax. We played, Maddie took naps, we went for a walk with the wagon, we ate and we did some online shopping. Yep, I can manage to find a way to shop no matter what. It's a gift.

My recent entertainment strategy is to lay a blanket on the floor and pile multiple toys around her. She loves it! She reaches for the different toys and ends up holding two or three at a time all while trying to put them in her mouth. She's got a gift too!

Photobucket

And about 10 minutes later.....

Photobucket

Yep, we are mobile! She isn't deliberately moving yet. She's got more of a scoot because she is flapping her legs and arms so much that she's moving all around. Then you throw a little roll over in there and voila we've moved! Once she rolls over all bets are off. She is stuck! We then flip her back over, place her back in the center of her toys and the cycle repeats.

Madison has also developed a habit of scratching her head. Not a cute little rub as if in deep thought. No, nail digging, blood drawing, scratches. I hate when people see her head all bald and scabby. It makes me feel like a bad parent. I just know people are thinking "Geesh, why don't you cut your kid's nails." But I do! I cut them about every other day. They can't get any shorter and now I fear that I am ruining her nail beds and she is going to have man hands when she grows up because I am trying to cut her finger nails so short to stop the digging of her scalp. Gosh, being a parent is tough. Since I can't get her nails any shorter we are trying different methods of covering up her head so she can't dig at it. Here we tried a do-rag. She is trying to be all tough and cool in this picture.

Photobucket

But we all know she really is a sweetheart and she does too so she cracked and gave us that gummy grin.

Photobucket

My favorite time of the day is when Maddie wakes up. I love peeking into her room and looking for those little dark eyes as she peers through the slats of her bed.

Photobucket

Then, finding how she has managed to wiggle herself out of her swaddler. She has gotten pretty good at it and usually ends up wearing it like a little toga. Here she was almost there just one more leg and she was out. I came in too soon.

Photobucket

I went to college to become a teacher. I graduated with a degree in elementary education. (Ryan says I majored in arts and crafts. Sometimes I don't like him.) I've never taught a day in my life however, I feel as if I am completely certified to teach my daughter you know because I have a degree and all.

Our lesson today...The Monkey Face.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Is it because I am such a great teacher or do I just have a good student? Personally, I think it's a little of both.

And here is our little girl all hopped up on baby Orajel. Kidding! I didn't give her anything but somehow I caught her mid blink and she looks as if she had celebrated her 21st birthday the night before.

Photobucket

By the end of the day on Wednesdays, we miss our daddy. I miss my husband. We can't wait for him to get home. So, here we sit and we wait.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Yep, didn't get any pictures of daddy coming home but he did and we are all back together again as a family.

4 comments:

gayla said...

these pictures are the best...i'm trying to figure out who is the teacher and who is the student! I do thank God every day for you, Madison, and Ryan! wHAT A WONDERFUL FAMILY!

wylie said...

can't. stop. laughing. at the monkey picture! You are hysterical! xoxo

christy said...

I believe it is you being a great teacher! Hey, Logan learned the monkey face as well :) LOL!! The pictures are great! way to go, keep up the good work :)

Meme and Papaw said...

You were one step ahead of everyone this week on the blog. Way to be Kimberly. Love the monkey faces. Maddie does that so well. She is the cutiest little thing. She is always so happy. I can see why, she has a great Mommy & Daddy. Hugs & Kisses to all.

Related Posts with Thumbnails