Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Welcome to Parenthood

This right here is exactly how I feel like my life has been for the past week and half.

Photobucket

A big old mess. To start off and I'm going light, very light on the details, basically I know you really don't want to know all the details and I've got to keep a little dignity. Bottom line (no pun intended, he he) this past Monday I had to have a little surgical procedure performed on my bottom. Something was there that didn't need to be there and now it's not there. Hallelujah! Little did I know how painful the recovering of such procedure would be....especially while caring for a two year old. Thank goodness for Ryan.

I'm only telling you this because one would think that you couldn't have anymore than one pain in your ass. (I'm full of butt jokes. If I didn't come up with it on my own, someone else has said it to me.) So, my rear is on the mend and I think things are looking good then Saturday hits.

Ryan had gone to the grocery store, on his own, I didn't even drop any hints. He just went and got all kinds of goodies and he announced that he was in charge of dinner. Sweet! He baked some rolls, diced up some potatoes to grill and marinated some meaty steaks. When it was just about time for the steaks to come off the grill, I look over at Madison as I'm heading out the back door. She's standing in her kitchen where she had just vomited, totally freaked out and yelling "Mama!"

I totally freak out and yelled "Ryan!"

Some people may not know this about me but I don't do well with the bodily fluids that escape out of one's mouth. No one likes it really but I just freak. I knew that one day the time would come when Madison would be sick and I'd be faced with my fear. I always wondered how I would do. Well, now I know.....um, not bad. Could have done better as a Mama but not bad.

Again, going to spare details because as you can imagine it wasn't pretty. In the course of about 3 hours we went through four pairs of pajamas, three quilts, numerous washcloths and two changes of sheets on her bed. I will give the little gal some credit. She learned really quickly to make it to the potty and I'll have to say she did look pretty cute standing there with her two little hands resting on the seat. Poor little thing. After Dr. Pap saved us with some medicine, Madison crawled up into our bed and totally passed out.

Photobucket

Needless to say, Ryan's delicious dinner didn't sound too delicious anymore and we did not get to enjoy a single bite.

Before this weekend I might have considered Madison a giving person and now I can say that she is definitely a giving person. She gave Ryan and I both the little bug she had in her belly. He and I were both down and immobile all day on Sunday. Thankfully our family was there to save us and assist us with Madison. She was sure to thank the ones who helped us out and gave them a gift too. This morning I learned that Ryan's Mom, Aunt Laura, Grandma, my sister and my nephew all got the bug from Maddie too. I feel terrible and I'm pretty sure they might screen their calls from us for awhile. Don't blame them one bit.

To make matters just a tiny bit worse, Sunday was Ryan and I's six year wedding anniversary. Yep, we celebrate hard baby. He on the couch, I in the bed both all hopped up on whatever medicine was in Madison's suppositories. Yeah, I said it, suppositories, I've already told you I'm on a roll with my behind. And yeah, we totally took our kid's medicine.

So, yes, it is finally official, Ryan and I have been welcomed into parenting. It ain't official until you have to deal with the vomit. Bottom line: you can have more than one pain in your ass, literally. (see told you I was on a roll.) My life has been so nuts that I haven't even taken the time to pick up this stupid frog. It's been sitting there at the end of our bed all crouched down like he's about to hop up on your leg as soon as you walk by. He freaks me out every time he catches my eye. I've continued to let him frighten me instead of bending over (because that hurts and I'm afraid I'll pop a stitch) and picking him up. Stupid frog.

Photobucket

Well things are totally looking up now because after I took this picture I picked up the frog and all three of us are feeling much better, can't say so much for some of our family members. We now have some packing to do because we're about to go on "Bacation". If you ask Madison where were going she says "Ala-ama!" She lost a consonant in there but we're going to Gulf Shores, Alabama. We've never been there before but they've got golf and the gulf so we're all happy.

Bye for now!

1 comment:

gayla said...

Funny blog, not so funny when it was my turn in the bathroom! Life happens, doesn't it? Enjoy gulf and golf!

Related Posts with Thumbnails