Sunday, September 18, 2011

Saturday was good.

Our weekend began perfectly. Saturday was a gorgeous day. Ryan was off to play golf with his buddies so Madison and I headed out for a little breakfast date.

Photobucket

For $4.09 we got a delicious breakfast, laughs, lots of pictures and a great time.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

While at breakfast I learned that Madison can now count to fifteen all by herself, minus the number five. I don't know what it is about that number five but she leaves it out every time.

Photobucket

Photobucket

After our breakfast and a quick trip to Target, we returned home to enjoy the beautiful, perfectly fallish day.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here lately, Madison has been attached to this monkey that she received as a gift at her birthday party. The monkey grunts, makes noises, moves his arms and sheds a lot. I decided that a shirt on the monkey would help with the shedding. Then Maddie decided that monkey needed a diaper and pants too. So, monkey is ready to go and Madison takes him everywhere I will allow him to go.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

While Madison was swinging she looked up and said "Sky. Bainbow." I asked, "Is there a rainbow in the sky?" "Nope, I don't see one." she replied. Okay, well, I'm glad we had that conversation.

Photobucket

"Bishy" had fallen from the tree....again. So, after a quick pump of air from Madison, I returned him to his hanging spot.

Photobucket

I mostly post pictures of Madison smiling, laughing and showing her cute faces. However, Madison does have quite a temper. When she doesn't get what she wants she gets mad. Really mad. I don't even know why she was mad here but I just started snapping away. I want her to see one day how ridiculous she looks when she throws a fit. It's good parenting.

Photobucket

We ended our day at the local winery. We joined my mother-in-law and father-in-law for some music, conversation and wine tastings.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Madison had a blast running around, dancing and making friends with the other kiddos.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I think we have a budding photographer on our hands.


Photobucket

Photobucket

After the winery, we came home and put our tired girl to bed. I decided to throw a quick load of laundry in the washer before bed because we had another big day planned for today, Madison had been invited to her first tea party. I was in the kitchen getting ready to head off to bed myself and I kept hearing this thud, thud, thud coming from the laundry room. I peeked in the washing machine and I see this bright blue glow. Holy crap! That bright blue glow is my cell phone. I quickly retrieve it to find that it is dead and water logged. A google search informed me to place it in a bowl of rice. The rice is supposed to draw out the moisture from the phone.

Photobucket

So far it's been 24 hours and all I have is a non-working cell phone in a bowl of rice.  Needless to say we didn't get to go to the tea party. I didn't have my friend's phone number so I could call her to get directions. I am totally bummed. We didn't get any tea, nor a party, nor any rice for dinner and my phone is dunzo. At least we had a perfectly great Saturday though.

Have a great week!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails