Sunday, August 28, 2011

Two Busy Gals

Before we had Madison, Ryan used to travel a lot with his previous job. He would be gone two to three weeks out of the month. When we got pregnant we knew that his traveling would not be good for our family. Therefore, he took a new job where he is much happier and this position doesn't require traveling which makes me much happier too.

Even though his new job doesn't require traveling he had an opportunity to take a trip with his company and he volunteered to go. Ryan's company employs mentally and physically handicapped adults. Every year they take everyone that is able to go on a trip. This year they've driven buses to New Orleans where they spent a couple of days. They are currently on a Mexican cruise that will return back to New Orleans where everyone will again board the buses and head home. This trip is lasting a total of ten days. While it's not really a vacation for Ryan, since he is responsible for a group of men, he is getting a great opportunity to see places that we've never been.

I'm not quite sure how I handled Ryan's traveling with his old job. I guess I just took it as par for the course and accepted it. This time I just feel so lonely. Even though I have Madison I really do miss him. I was nervous about Ryan leaving me as a single mommy for ten whole days. He and I make a great team when it comes to caring for Madison. She has been great and taking care of her has been a breeze. It's me, my heart, that is aching for my dear hubby to return.

Madison keeps asking for her daddy. "Where dada go?" So, to keep our minds off of missing our man we've stayed busy.

Photobucket

Madison loves her kitchen and plays in it daily. What makes it especially exciting is that I always give her some "tea" (aka water) for her to play with in her kitchen. She pours it from cup to cup or pours it in her sink. At some point, it usually gets spilled and the she comes running yelling "Mess! Mess!" Today I thought of a better idea, at least one that is a much easier mess to clean up. Dried macaroni. Baby girl is in heaven, cooking away.

Photobucket

Photobucket

We took a walk to the park and played on the playground. There was a family reunion going on in the park so it was a bit crowded.

Photobucket

I decided it was time to go when a grandmother brought her granddaughter over to play. Granny was dressed in a purple, teal and white ankle length skirt paired with a matching teal spaghetti strap tank top that beautifully displayed her belly button ring. Yep, that's right her belly button ring. I don't know if I was more mortified or jealous, 'cause I'm not going to lie grandma had nice abs. Well, from what I could see around the tattoos. Oh, and apparently her granddaughter is a lover, because she came up to me and said "Where's my kisses?" I played like I was deaf and took off.

Photobucket

To keep from running into more of Greenwood's finest citizens we played in our front yard.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

When my parents were here, I hung a fish from the tree in our front yard to see if Madison would notice. Well, she did and now we constantly have to have a "bishy" in the tree.

Photobucket

A neighbor saw us playing in the front yard and quickly ran over to see if we wanted a Mommy and daughter picture. Of course I said yes, forgetting the fact that I hadn't even take a shower and I was wearing a hat earlier in the day. Luckily, she cut off my head.

Photobucket

Speaking of when my parents were here, I put them to work and they helped me makeover our bedroom. Here is the before:

Photobucket

Photobucket

And here is the after:

Photobucket

Photobucket

I did most of the trimming, my mom trimmed out the dark blue wall and my dad rolled on all of the paint. Since my mom only trimmed out one wall technically my dad and I did most of the work. However, when Madison comes in to our bedroom she says "Meme paint." So, Meme, who didn't nearly do as much as Papaw and I, is getting all of the credit from Maddie. Thanks kid.

Photobucket

In addition to the black and white prints of Madison in our bedroom, I got a couple for the living room too. I'm in love!

 Photobucket

I bought Madison a step stool for her to use to get up into our bed. I thought this would be safer than her standing on the bed side tables to climb into our bed. Well, she has found other uses for the stool.....

Photobucket

Man,I sure do love this kid.

 Photobucket

1 comment:

Meme and Papaw said...

Well what can I say. Madison saw who was doing the painting. We have always said she is a smart little cookie, love that kid. The pictures on the wall look great Kimberly. You have to be very proud of all the hard work. I guess I will give credit where credit is do. It did keep your dad busy for a few hours.
Love ya

Related Posts with Thumbnails