Sunday, May 1, 2011

Motherhood

Since the moment I found out we were pregnant, I set out on this quest to become the perfect mother. Let me clarify that, the perfect mother to our daughter, not The perfect mother. Perfection is defined differently by all and what I see as perfect maybe completely different from what someone else sees.

Photobucket

My idea of perfection consists of loving our daughter, nurturing her, providing for her, teaching her, showing her, giving her opportunities, allowing her to fail, celebrating her, catching her when she falls, listening to her, guiding her and just being her mommy. I don't want to be her friend necessarily because she will have those. She will make them and they will come and go. I want to be her mommy. That constant person in her life that will always be.

Photobucket

I have had many sleepless nights where I lay awake wondering if I'm doing this mothering-thing right. I've poured over the Internet seeking advice from other moms. I've read many blogs from mamas hoping to seek inspiration and guidance. And I've felt stress because this idea of perfection, that I have created, is just too much for one to handle.

Photobucket

I've been reading this book:

Photobucket

I'm not too far into it but what I've picked up on is that you can't be a great mother until you are happy with yourself. So, instead of focusing on being the perfect mom I've switched my focus over to being the best me I can be. So, far it is working. I am happy. Truly happy with everything and everyone around me. I am blessed and Life is Good.

Photobucket

I feel content with my mothering ability.

And as any good mama would do....I allowed Maddie to drink her daddy's water while he mowed the yard.

Photobucket

Hey, she was learning to drink from a water bottle, that's all.  I wasn't trying to teach her to be ornery by drinking her daddy's water so then he wouldn't have any. 

Photobucket

Bye for now!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails