Sunday, May 8, 2011

Marathon Mama

This weekend has been full of great accomplishments. 

It all started with the event I had been nervously anticipating....The Indianapolis Mini Marathon.

The race began at 7:30 a.m. Here is my view once the race began.  Take notice that we can't even see the start line, just a sea of some 40,000 participants.

Photobucket

Some people train for this event for months, dedicating their time and their health.  I was not one of these people.  From the very beginning I stated that I was just going to go out there and wing it.  And that's exactly what I did.

Photobucket

I ran six of the 13.1 miles and let me tell you that .1 was the worst of them all.  But overall I felt good.  There were people cheering us on the entire way, bands, cheerleaders from local high schools and family members of participants.  It is a whole community event.  We had rain and then sunshine along with temperatures that kept us cool.

Photobucket

Most of all I am proud of myself.  I did it! I finished in 3 hours and 13 minutes.  Not a competitive time but I certainly wasn't there to compete.  I was there to finish and achieve this great accomplishment.

Photobucket

And I did it along with four of my friends.

Photobucket

Now the question is....would I do it again?  Hell yes I would!

Photobucket

And today we celebrated the biggest accomplishment....Motherhood. It is Mother's Day and a happy Mother's Day it has been. Thanks to this sweet little face....

Photobucket

She's funny, she's silly and she has helped shape me into a better person.

Photobucket

This is such a special and important day to thank our mamas. It's so nice to also feel the thanks from my little bundle of joy with the help of her daddy of course.

Photobucket

Our day was spent relaxing and celebrating with Ryan's Mama.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Ryan fixed a delicious lunch for us on the grill, meanwhile we played in Nana's yard.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Today I'm sore, achy and can barely move but this little girl helps me forget my physical pain and to live in the moment.

Photobucket

Until next time....

1 comment:

Meme and Papaw said...

Mommy & Daddy are very proud of you! Running 13.1 miles very impressive. Thanks for sharing your Mother's Day with us. Wish we could have all been together. Hope you know how much we appreciate the blog. The pictures are priceless. We'll talk, I would like a copy of some of the pictures. They are so good they deserve a frame.
Hugs & Kisses

Related Posts with Thumbnails