Tuesday, May 1, 2012

A Mini Reveal

Several weeks ago I sent an invitation out to several close friends, co-workers and Facebook friends. Here is the invitation that they received:

Photobucket

I really want to focus this year more on my photography. I've had several ideas that I had been wanting to try and really needed some people to help me with it. Madison is always my "go to" subject but I already have thousands of pictures of her so I wanted to branch out a bit.

I had seven interested families contact me and we set their appointments. I have to admit that I was very nervous for the week leading up to these sessions. I don't know why my nerves kicked in, I guess I just wanted to give my friends and their families some great pictures. I wanted to do well because ultimately I want them to refer me to their friends and family. I think once I get some more photo shoots under my belt, I will learn not to get so nervous. I love every moment of photography from setting the scene, placing the subjects, editing the pictures and delivering the captured moments. It just really is so fun.

I have completed the editing of all the photos and now I am just waiting on the special packaging that I ordered to deliver the discs to my participants. Apparently my initial order got lost in the mail or something so they had to resend it and should be here in the next day or so.  I've had several requests asking to see the pictures. So, I thought I would share one from each mini session that I had.

*****************

I began the day with this sweet little gal. I actually went to high school with her mama and her grandmother works with Ryan's mom. She was on the move and loved the balloons!

Photobucket

Next, came a girlfriend from work and her two sweet little boys. I've actually taken their pictures before and it was such a joy to get to do it again.

Photobucket

Another girlfriend from work joined me along with her family. They had never had a picture taken "professionally" of all four of them. This is when I really felt the pressure but I think she might enjoy this one....at least I hope so.

Photobucket

I finished the morning sessions up with these two brothers. They are the silly, fun loving, kind boys of another girlfriend from work. It was so crazy going from the wee little ones to these older boys. They sat where I told them, posed and smiled when I said "Say Cheese!"

Photobucket

My evening sessions began with another gal from high school and her precious little one. The affection that was shared between these two was so precious. This little gal loves her mama to pieces and it was so enjoyable to watch.

 Photobucket

Next came another friend from work and her six month old bundle of joy. She was asleep when they arrived, the baby not the mama. The little gal woke up with a smile on and ready for the camera.  She was working those cheeks.

 Photobucket

I finished the sessions with another Mama and her two boys. It was tough to get all three together at once because those boys were busy. We were in a park with many distractions around us so I really couldn't blame them. I was fortunate enough to capture this sweet moment.

Photobucket

I really had a lot of fun that day and especially while editing the photos. I would catch myself staring at the computer screen smiling from ear to ear. I'm looking forward to potentially scheduling some shoots as the weather gets better around here so call me!

Love, -K

1 comment:

Meme and Papaw said...

They say some people have it and some don't. You have got it girl! The props are all so clever. Love the pictures and you can tell you love taking the pictures. Mama & Daddy are so very proud of you. Another GREAT job.

Related Posts with Thumbnails