Sunday, December 11, 2011

Santa Claus

Well, hello there. Potty training, Christmas and our daily lives have consumed us this week. A little update to our potty training efforts. She's doing well, very well, as long as we stay at home with our potty chair. She does great with her potty chair but completely fears the real potty. I'm hoping with time she'll transition on her own. If not, eventually she'll outgrow her potty chair. I mean I've never seen a five year old on a potty chair and I'm crossing my fingers that she won't be the first.

To keep us occupied between trips to the potty, Madison had her cousins to play with.....all weekend. These three had a ball together.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I discovered how much Logan and Madison are alike while snapping pictures. The two of them were playing on the floor and I decided I wanted to get an aerial shot of this cute moment so I climbed on a chair. At the exact same moment they looked at me with the exact same expression that states what the heck are you doing.

Photobucket

I then asked the two to say cheese and again exact same expression.

Photobucket

Thanks to my sister and brother-in-law, we were able to get a Christmas tree. The kids helped me put lights on it. After a fiasco with the lights, I've declared that we will be buying new lights this year, after Christmas, when they are on sale.

Photobucket

Photobucket

***************

Yesterday, we went to see Santa Claus. One of the local golf courses, Ryan's home away from home, put together a nice event for the kids. They had cookies, juice and coloring pages. The parents could bring a gift for the kiddos, which was secretly slipped under the tree and Santa passed them out. All was going well, Madison was enjoying her juice, looking all cute in her holiday dress.

Photobucket

Then in walked Santa.....

 Photobucket

Total freak out. Of course, as her parents, we still wanted her at least try to sit on his lap even though she was completely terrified of this gentleman wearing a fake beard and red suit. We're going for parents of the year here. With a little coaxing she got sort of close.

Photobucket

Then quickly changed her mind.

Photobucket

Daddy stepped in and this is as close as she got.

Photobucket

Just give me my present man-in-red.

Photobucket

I've got the goods Dad, let's go.

Photobucket

She was happy once we backed completely away from "Tanta". She excitedly opened her gift and was pleased.

 Photobucket

Photobucket

Madison was not traumatized at all. She held on tightly to her gift and said I see Tanta, as we walked out the door. When asked if she sat on Santa's lap she proudly says Yeah. Once again, her memory of an event is completely different from the reality but at least all of her memories are good.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails