Friday, February 11, 2011

Basketball Fever

Madison has two cousins, Brooke and Logan. Brooke is almost fourteen and Logan is nine. As their aunt, I've always been active in their lives and I couldn't imagine it being any other way. I participate in the completion of homework, the clothes shopping, the drama of the moment, the consoling, the cheering from the sidelines and the loving them to pieces. I have watched my niece and nephew grow. I've lived through Brooke's biting stage and Logan's shyness. I've been a sounding board for my sister and lent my advice when needed. My niece has morphed into a teenager and my nephew is teetering on the edge of the tween stage all the while I've been right there.

I believe Madison was born with a strong instinct to love. It's as if she knows that these people are our family and we love them more than life itself. And she is especially fond of Logan. She has a special place in her heart for him. She loves Du-lu-lu. (When she says Logan is sounds like Du-lu-lu.) She lights up when he walks into the room and if I tell her he is coming over she goes to the front door to wait. She's smitten I tell you.

Last night was one of those nights where we were cheering for the one we love from the sidelines and we wouldn't have missed it for the world.

Photobucket

Logan's team completed the season undefeated thus they moved on to the tournament. It was a big game.

Photobucket

These boys played hard and they were determined.

Photobucket

Unfortunately, though they lost the game but it wasn't for lack of effort.

Photobucket

Maybe it had something to do with the coach? I'm just sayin'. Just kidding Brian. You are a great coach. I guess. Really I don't have any idea but you look good out there. I guess.

Photobucket

Madison watched Du-lu-lu.

Photobucket

For about two minutes.

Photobucket

She much preferred to run across the court and who could blame her.

Photobucket

And she also preferred playing with her aunt Christy who by the way, let her wave, talk and flirt with two boys. She worked it so much that one little fella even made her a valentine. I think it was her beautiful brown eyes that got him all weak in the knees.

Photobucket


I think Ryan picked up on what was going on and got his baby girl away from those boys real quick like. That's his girl and his beautiful brown eyes so he found her a basketball to play with instead of boys. Good job Daddy!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


We're proud of our Logan. He had a great season and played hard. Way to go Buddy. We love you!

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

christy said...

ok, I must say that post was beautiful!! I wish I was able to express myself in words like you do what a gift you have :) I can honestly say it brought me to tears. I am very blessed to have a sister like you. Someone that our children look up to and is there to help us through the journey. Lord knows with a teenager everyday is a journey. I can always count on you and Ryan to back me up and get through to the kids when I don't think it is possible :) We love all of you very much!! Thank you for this post!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails