Sunday, December 12, 2010

Home again, home again, jiggity jig.

Maddie and I are home. We are back from Florida and back in the comforts of our own house. I've got to admit you really appreciate these things when you are traveling with a one year old baby. Ryan and I don't go out much anymore. We find that things are much easier when we just stay home. We have everything we need for Maddie O. and she has all of her things to keep her occupied. So, traveling by myself with our sugar booger proved to be a true test of my patience. After a self assessment, I think I did good.

We enjoyed our week long trip visiting my parents in Naples.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Mother Nature definitely wasn't on our side during this trip. She dropped some unseasonably low temperatures on the sunshine state. We had to trade our swimsuits in for hoodies.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

During our visit we were able to celebrate my dad's birthday with him. Madison helped him open his gifts....sort of.

Photobucket

Madison is a true outdoor girl. If she fussed even a bit we would just take her outside and she was good to go. As soon as the patio door was slid open she would shout "Weeeee!" We spent a lot of time perched on the patio, where the wind was blocked and watched Maddie have a ball.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Madison also found a friend in Florida...herself. She has seen her reflection before in mirrors and windows. She'd react by pointing and smiling. This time was completely different. She was laughing, babbling and cracking up at herself. At one point she even gave herself a kiss.

Photobucket

I found a friend in Florida too. She moved so I had to find her again. We did and I also got to meet her little one, Alexandria. Celine and I met while working at an Italian restaurant while attending college. We had lots of fun while working and lots more fun after work. She is a dear friend and I often wished we lived closer together. Especially now so our little girls could see how much fun we are.

Photobucket

Photobucket

During our trip to Myrtle Beach Madison wanted nothing to do with the sand so I was a little anxious to see how she would do when put back into the same environment. This time was much different, she didn't even care that she was in the sand. She was more concerned with finding sea shells and handing them to her Meme. Meme was given a handful of shells but I'm not quite sure what happened to them.

Photobucket

Photobucket

So, yes it was chilly but we did manage to enjoy the beach everyday. I loved watching our tiny gal on the big open space, crawling around and both of us loving it just the same.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And the question here is....do I let her keep going or do I stop her before she reaches the chilly water?

Photobucket

Of course I let her keep going...these are great moments.

Photobucket

Photobucket

After all of the crawling on the beach, it does tucker a little one out.

Photobucket

There were a lot of moments with our Maddie O. during our visit with Meme and Papaw. Madison showed us her personality time and time again.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I now have a huge love affair with my new camera. In the 6 days we were gone I took close to 700 pictures. I love having these moments documented. Digital photography is awesome.

Photobucket

Photobucket

While we had a grand time on our little trip we are glad to be home. Maddie missed her daddy and I sure did miss my husband.

Now, there is snow a falling and a tree that is needing to be trimmed. It's really beginning to look a lot like Christmas around here.

Until next time....

1 comment:

gayla said...

Well yeah, I love your new camera too!
These pictures are amazing. I'll look at them and see you and then I'll look and see Ryan, but everytime she is just beautiful!! Glad you're both back home!

Related Posts with Thumbnails