Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Quick Post

Yep, we are still here and I certainly have not abandoned my dear blog. Just merely put it on the back burner to simmer for a bit. I thought I'd briefly catch you up on the last couple of weeks.

We had some visitors come stay with us and as usual my camera, blog and I take a break while we make memories. My mom and dad came for a visit. During their stay, we took a trip to the apple orchard.

Photobucket

One would think, by looking at this picture, that this child actually knew how to read by the seriousness and focus on her face. She's just a really good actress.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I was even able to sneak away for a bit to do a photo shoot with a dear friend and her family.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

How cute is this little guy?

 Photobucket

This year my parents were here for Halloween and joined us for Trick-or-Treating.

Photobucket

It didn't take Madison long to figure out the whole knock-on-the-door-get-candy thing. At each door she would hold out her candy bag and would occasionally and quietly say "trick-or-treat". It was sometimes followed up with a "thank you" and even a "you're welcome" now and again. Hey, a "you're welcome" might not be the appropriate thing to say when you're receiving candy from strangers but at least she was being polite.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Once the candy was placed in her bag, she quickly turned around and yelled to those waiting on the sidewalk...."More tandy!" It was as if she couldn't believe that they had done it again. Someone else had placed more candy in her bag and all she had to do was knock on their door. I can see how this would excite anyone. Heck, I was even thrilled when I saw a Reese's peanut butter cup being dropped in amongst her loot. It was wonderful experiencing the thrill and excitement through our little gal.

Also, while my parents were here, they got to celebrate their little gal's birthday. And who is their little gal? Well, it's me, of course. Yep, I celebrated another year and another great year it was. I again look forward to what is yet to come.

Photobucket

And what did I get from my wonderful husband and daughter.......this isn't just a bag or a plain old purse. It's actually a camera bag. How cute, awesome and stylish is this?

Photobucket

Speaking of birthdays.......we're celebrating another one this weekend. Madison is turning two on Friday followed by a party with her closest friends. Well, my closest friends who have kiddos, who will in turn become friends with my kiddo because that is how we Mama's do things. I've been planning and crafting getting ready for the big day. So, be looking forward to our next post in which I will share the love, joy, excitement and celebration of our little Maddie O.

Bye for now!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails