Sunday, September 12, 2010

Baseball and Books

We did it again...we went away and left our Maddie O. behind.  It was much easier this time leaving her.  I think because we were only going to be gone for one night and of course the comfort of knowing that she was in great hands.  This isn't something I want to get used to, leaving Maddie behind.  I don't like doing it at all, not one bit.  Team Bethel isn't complete when we don't have our Maddie Cakes. 

Ryan's birthday was in August.  His gift from Maddie and I was tickets to a Cincinnati Red's game.  Initially I planned on Maddie going with us but Ryan helped me realize that attending a baseball game is not a 10 month old's idea of fun.  I have to admit that while we were at the game I pictured what it would be like if Maddie was with us and concluded that Ryan was right. 

Ryan and I had a great time.  Just the two of us.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I enjoyed our conversations and acting goofy with my hubby.  It was just like old times when we would go to a bar, sit for a while, have a drink and just talk. 

Game time was approaching so we took this boat....

Photobucket

from here.....

Photobucket

to here.....

Photobucket

How cool is that? 

Photobucket

Along the way we saw this....

Photobucket

There ain't no way I would ever park my car this close to the water, while on an incline.

Quack.

Photobucket

A few weeks prior to the game we learned that the Reds and Major League Baseball decided to honor Pete Rose for his record breaking 4,192nd hit of his baseball career.  This made the game even that more exciting for Ryan.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Way to go Pete!

Photobucket

We enjoyed the game, our dogs and the beer.  It was a great night.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Isn't that the truth?

After picking Maddie up, her and I took a walk to the library.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Out of all the books at the library the one Maddie was in love with was a board book, with lift up flaps, written in Spanish.  It was cute.  Had no idea what it was about but it was cute.  So, I improvised and made up my own story.  She loved it all the same.

Photobucket

I couldn't believe the play area in our library.  There were puppets, puzzles, rocking horses, play houses, a train table and books. 

Photobucket

Photobucket

There were several other kids enjoying the play area as well.  Maddie crawled over to a brother and a sister as they were playing with the house.  I was thinking awe how cute Maddie is going to make some friends.  Then the brother pulled his sister away and told her that they needed to play "over here" because "that baby" was messing up their house.  Maddie then crawled over to the train table where two boys were playing.  Before she even made it to the table he stated to me "She can't play here because there aren't enough trains."  Geesh!  The kids in this town are jerks.  It's appalling to me that the moms of these mean heads just sat and watched.  Maddie was just trying to spread her love.  She didn't mind though that no one wanted to play with her because she had a puppet show to put on.

Photobucket

I love this girl!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails